Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can you see the images on this page?

Featured Replies

Hi

 

I'm in the process of designing a website and on this page: swallowholidaycottage dot com/cottage/listings/l0006.php

 

There should be ten images. I'm using a Mac with Firefox 4.0.1 and see the images ok. Using my friends machine which is Windows using IE6 the images are not visible.

 

I'm using Dreamweaver to build the web pages, but I'm no html expert and was wondering if any of you folks might know what the problem is.

 

Thanks for any advice offered.

 

P.S. I spoke to the firm I got the templates from and they have told me that the original templates were tested in IE6.... so I must have corrupted the code somehow.

Edited by Joe Bloggs

they don't show in IE8/IE9 either. Do in Chrome. Win7

 

First try validating the code http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fswallowholidaycottage.com%2Fcottage%2Flistings%2Fl0006.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

 

at a quick look I see some <li> issues being thrown up and have seen in the past IE correctly adhere to standards and about these being opened and closed correctly but other browsers making assumptions. It may not be this of course but cross browser issues are generally coding related.

Sweet yeti of the Serengeti, 55 errors, i would fix all of those first then it may or may not fix the IE image rendering issue as Zed stated.

actually, it was my other thought. The first line on your code isn't a DOCTYP and IE doesn't like that. Fix that and they appear in IE9.

 

Still fix the errors though ;)

Also as zed said, you have <li> issues where you haven't placed them inside their parent tag (<ul>/<ol>).

 

IE will always baulk at that.

 

and rightly so! ;)

one thing to also consider. With your slimbox lightbox thingy. I'm on my laptop at the moment so have a restricted screen height compared to my desktop. The pop-up images require a scroll down to see them fully and the text below them.

  • Author

Hi Folks

 

Thank you very much for the information and advice I'm trying my best to work out the <li> issue, I started with a working template which I've hacked to death and pretty much doesn't look like the original - with all kinds of bits of code added.

 

I've removed one of the <body> tags.

 

I'll report back to.. your help and advice is much appreciated.

  • Author

Thanks. Think I've about cracked the <li> issue too.

 

Haven't added it to the site yet, just steadily losing my hair trying to crack it. :D

Edited by Joe Bloggs

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.