Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need Wordpress Shopping Cart

Featured Replies

Can anyone suggest a Wordpress shopping cart? Just needs to be simple, even a single page order form would be fine.

 

Thanks!

  • Author

I've tried WP-Ecommerce but it's too feature packed for me. I'm just looking for a simple order form that can collect the customers name, email & two custom fields... I might use my WHMCS installation but would prefer to use something else.

 

Thanks.

Magento is a commonly used one for wordpress.

 

However i think your more looking for a shopping cart solution: http://www.shopintegrator.com/demos/ecommerce-plugin-store-module-addin-demo.html

http://www.shopintegrator.com/cms/wordpress-ecommerce-store-plugin.html

 

Check out both those links

Magento is a commonly used one for wordpress.

 

Magento is an ecommerce platform in itself, its not for Wordpress - http://www.magentocommerce.com/. Unless I'm missing something and there is a plugin for it.

 

I'd definitely stay away from Magento if you want something simple.

Can anyone suggest a Wordpress shopping cart? Just needs to be simple, even a single page order form would be fine.

 

Thanks!

 

Hey Mike,

 

How about this one, simple enough/does what you want?

 

Yak (Nice name!)

YAK is an open source shopping cart plugin for WordPress. It associates products with weblog entries (in other words, posts), so the post ID also becomes the product code. It supports both pages and posts as products, handles different types of product through categorisation, and provides customisable purchase options (cheque or deposit, basic credit card form, basic Google Checkout integration, standard PayPal integration, PayPal Payments Pro, and Authorize.net).

 

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yak-for-wordpress/

  • Author

I think I've already tried Yak... I'll take a look again.

 

Thanks!

I think I've already tried Yak... I'll take a look again.

 

Thanks!

 

 

You might want to check out Market Theme.

 

http://www.markettheme.com/

 

It's a complete theme for Wordpress with built-in shopping cart. Very easy to setup, easy to use, and connects to your Paypal account. Good for those who want to get something up quickly and move onto the next project.

 

There's also a free online demo at the site you can play around with.

I think I've already tried Yak... I'll take a look again.

 

Thanks!

 

Wp-Ecommerce worth spending some more time on it. instead of wasting time on other plugins try to learn wp-ecommerce it will save your future development time. cheers

  • Author

I decided to go with WP-Invoice. Great piece of software, not chunky and VERY easy to use!

 

Thanks for all the suggestions!

  • 3 weeks later...

Old post but I'll add my comment for future readers:

 

I've just spent some months on a Wordpress and e-commerce (Get Shopped/Instinct/WPSC) site and it's not great.

 

You need to edit a lot of the core code unless you like tables everywhere. The search (which you have to pay for as part of the "Gold plug-in") only searches the store (this might be sorted soon as WPSC 3.8 uses a different database structure) and you have to do a lot of playing around with their core code (making upgrading a PITA).

 

Also one word or WARNING: if you want a store that uses variations STAY AWAY. If you have more than 2 variations (3+) then the store crumbles to a crashing halt as is has to calculate every single possible combination. I've not yet tried it on a dedicated server but the way they sort their options is a pile of poopie. Their forums have a lot of people with the same problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.