Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just popping my head in the door

Featured Replies

I was happily working away a few weeks ago and saw my colleague registering for an account here and it jogged my memory, thought I'd come and see all you fine folks and stick around for a bit and help with what I can. Seeing a lot of new names, not so many of the old - only seen Dizi and BlueDreamer so far! Still looks just as busy as it used to be here! I'll probably be between here and the server side scripting forums, I took a bit of a back seat from design to focus on development :). Speaking of which, anybody else had a change in direction?

Hi Cabbage, good you see your name here again!

 

Yep, lots of new faces, a few of the olders ones not so much but that normal in any forum as people chnage direction from time to time.

 

No change of direction for me, still doing the same stuff. How about you? What have you been developing recently?

  • Author

Been working on an application framework recently, building one from scratch to suit the needs of the business I work for, based on an MVC architecture. I still like to get my hands messy with design from time to time though :). Had any interesting projects lately?

MVC eh? I understand the logic but the rest of it goes over my head :)

 

Can't say as if I've had anything really interesting of late - business type info/ecom sites tend to get a bit bland after a while, just run of the mill stuff. Even so I personally never publicise clients sites in public forums :)

 

Have just made live http://dev-ee.com though which is my own site - it's a directory of Expressionengine developers, and slowly starting to fill up :)

Hello! Welcome back... although I've probably been dormant on here as long as you have! I've done a similar thing, focusing more on CSS, Wordpress themes etc than designing signs, really love it! I've found that coding other peoples PSD's has really taught me a lot about design and inspired me even more.

^ and another one :)

 

Hi Loxley, nice to see you again!

 

Hello! :) I've been kind of lurking, I haven't had much time to post in the last few months but want to get involved again.

  • Author

Liking your dev-ee site BlueDreamer, nice clean layout and a brilliant structure :).

  • Author

Liking your dev-ee site BlueDreamer, nice clean layout and a brilliant structure :).

Liking your dev-ee site BlueDreamer, nice clean layout and a brilliant structure :).

Oooh thanks! I was part of the EE2.0 beta evaluation team and I got a free licence for my efforts, so I though I'd do something useful with it and give something back to the EE community :)

Cabbaaaage!

 

Welcome back dude.

 

Funnily enough, I've just randomly decided to come on here today after ages also.

 

Feels like so long since all the regulars used to be active around here.

 

(I used to be under the name clearcutdesignz in case you're confused as to who I am).

  • Author

Cabbaaaage!

 

Welcome back dude.

 

Funnily enough, I've just randomly decided to come on here today after ages also.

 

Feels like so long since all the regulars used to be active around here.

 

(I used to be under the name clearcutdesignz in case you're confused as to who I am).

 

I guessed from the location and your name in your signature :).

there is a revolution going on here. we're trying to destroy all ur good work and break this forums credibility as quick as possible. was the standard of design always as poor as some of the heads round here these days?

Welcome back Ben :air_kiss:

 

Great of you to drop by and say hi and let us know what your up to. I'm still designing although I have been getting more into development, I can now fully code a site from scratch in wordpress and have been dabbling more with php. Not a complete change in direction though as designing and coding front end is where my main focus is, but its still fun to see how the developers live :friends:

 

Also welcome back to Loxley and craftedpixelz :) maybe we need to organise an old regulars forum reunion :lol:

  • Author

Welcome back Ben :air_kiss:

 

Great of you to drop by and say hi and let us know what your up to. I'm still designing although I have been getting more into development, I can now fully code a site from scratch in wordpress and have been dabbling more with php. Not a complete change in direction though as designing and coding front end is where my main focus is, but its still fun to see how the developers live :friends:

 

Also welcome back to Loxley and craftedpixelz :) maybe we need to organise an old regulars forum reunion :lol:

 

Dreamed in code yet? :p

 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.