Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone going to the New Adventures Conference?

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

Just received Heart Internets Newsletter and saw that they are sponsoring a web conference event and was just wondering if anyone is planing on going to the New Adventures Conference in Nottingham - England on the 20th January 2011

 

:)

 

Speakers:

 

 

Andy Clarke

Andy has been called a lot of things since he started working on the web ten years ago, but he is most proud that Jeffrey Zeldman once called him a "(triple talented) bastard". Andy's new book Hardboiled Web Design is available September 2010, and he loves designing for the web, writing about design, and teaching it at workshops and conferences all over the world. Now he is pulling all of those passions together For A Beautiful Web, a unique series of web design master classes.

 

 

Veerle Pieters

Veerle is a graphic/web designer based in Deinze, Belgium. Starting in '92 as a freelance graphic designer, Veerle worked on print design before focussing more on web design and GUI (since '96). She runs her own design studio Duoh! together with Geert Leyseele. Veerle has been blogging since 2003 and is considered number 39 on the list of NxE's Fifty Most Influential 'Female' Bloggers. Visit Veerle's site.

 

 

Jon Tan

Jon is a designer and a member of the International Society of Typographic Designers who sometimes turns his hand to designing furniture. He's a co-founder of the web fonts service, Fontdeck, and the Analog co-operative where he works with some fantastic people making a new web app, running things like the upcoming Brooklyn Beta conference, and the co-working studio Mild Bunch HQ.

 

 

Dan Rubin

Dan is a graphic designer, web developer, musician and Apple enthusiast living and working in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is founder and principal of Webgraph (a design and branding studio), co-founder of Sidebar Creative (a design collective) and Sinelogic (UI and usability consulting) as well as a web standards consultant and speaker. Visit Dan's blog.

 

 

Greg Wood

Greg is a senior designer at Erskine Design, who likes the the idea of contributing to make the web a generally nicer place. He's a designer because he enjoys solving problems and making things aesthetically pleasing at the same time. He loves to be creative with type and layout, and enjoys occasionally breaking away from his comfort zones to try something new. He recently presented a packed-out workshop about Editorial Design in San Francisco. Visit Greg's site.

 

 

Simon Collison

Simon Collison is a designer, author and speaker with a decade of experience at the sharp end. He started the hugely successful Erskine Design back in 2006, but left earlier this year to pursue new and exciting challenges, which he can't talk about yet. Simon lives in Nottingham but finds himself working all over the planet. He is owned by a cat. Visit Simon's website.

 

 

Brendan Dawes

Brendan is Creative Director for magneticNorth, a digital design company based in Manchester, UK. Over the years he's helped realise projects for a wide range of brands including Sony Records, Diesel, BBC, Fox Kids, Channel 4, Disney, Benetton, Kellogg's, The Tate and Coca-Cola. In 2009 he was listed among the top twenty web designers in the world by .net magazine and was featured in the "Design Icon" series in Computer Arts.

 

 

Mark Boulton

Mark is a graphic designer liv­ing in South Wales, UK with his wife and daughter. He currently runs a small design studio, Mark Boulton Design, where he works with clients such as ESPN, Warner Bros, BBC, British Energy and Drupal. In the past, he worked for the BBC and Agency.com. He also runs a small publishing imprint, Five Simple Steps, where he publishes practical design books for the web community.

 

 

Tim Van Damme

Tim Van Damme is a designer based and raised in Belgium. He designs interfaces as a freelancer at his company Made by Elephant, and blogs and Twitters under the alter ego "Maxvoltar". Some call him rude, some call him an elitist, but the truth is he's just brutally honest, and would love to have a beer or five with you.

 

 

Sarah Parmenter

Sarah owns You Know Who, a small design studio, now in it's 7th year, in the beautiful town of Leigh-on-Sea in Essex. Sarah's passion lies purely in the web. Creating beautiful websites that match the clients brand and adhere to web standards are her forte. Being a Virgo means she is a true perfectionist and can be known to push pixels for hours. Sarah's straight talking nature and no fuss approach to projects have landed her many great contracts over the years with various brands in the UK and abroad. Visit Sarah's blog.

 

 

 

Elliot Jay Stocks

Elliot is an independent designer, illustrator, speaker, and author of the best-selling book Sexy Web Design. When not creating work for clients such as Virgin Group, Microsoft, and Campaign Monitor, he can be found speaking at design events around the globe and writing for publications such as .Net and Computer Arts. He is the founder and editor of 8 Faces, a bi-annual printed magazine dedicated to typographic design, and also serves on Smashing Magazine's Experts Panel. Elliot occasionally dabbles with the idea of being a musician as well. Visit Elliot's site.

 

Just Thought I would add the speakers at the event! :) Enjoy!

This actually seems very very interesting!

 

When I get paid, I may have to see if I can attend this! :)

  • Author

This actually seems very very interesting!

 

When I get paid, I may have to see if I can attend this! :)

 

I think I will defo be going to this, we could meet up. Hopefully more people from the forum will be going too.

Would attend but I'm back at university then, gutted!

Wow, looks like something I could really get a lot out of. Will definately look into going.

Looks interesting. If I can get some cash together I'll definately consider going to this... can follow it up with a boozy night out in Nottingham :drinks: lol

 

 

Kyle

  • Author

Looks interesting. If I can get some cash together I'll definately consider going to this... can follow it up with a boozy night out in Nottingham :drinks: lol

 

 

Kyle

 

That would be awesome, let me know if your going, getting my ticket this month.

 

Is anyone else thinking of going? Would be really cool if a group of us from here went.

Totally impossible for me to make a dedication right now... I'll see how 'de lá bank' statement feels about my proverbially molesting my wallet for a booze up aftewards. Right now it's a yes. But I'll wait and see how my finances are closer the date. =]

 

 

!! -- GET EVERYONE TO WEAR A BADGE OR SOME SORT OF CLIP-ID SO WE ALL KNOW WE ARE FROM WEB DESIGNER FORUM--!!

I'd like to go, but winters coming and i need to start burying my supplies...

I'm thinking of going... looks great :) Will let you know

Thats a damn nice website they have there - and I should hope so too!

Haha just what I was thinking :p. Definately makes it seem like an excellent conference from people who really know what they're talking about.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've just brought my ticket for the conference :) Anyone else going?

  • 2 weeks later...

I will look into getting a ticket if more people buy one first, ha! Don't really fancy going on my own.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.