Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blogger or Wordpress?

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is better?

    • Blogger
      11%
      1
    • Wordpress
      88%
      8
    • Other
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which is better - Blogger, Wordpress, or is there another one out there that you prefer? Could you post why you like a particular one? I've been seeing a lot of mentions about Wordpress, and I was just wondering if it's the best to use? Is this a requirement in design experience? Should I create an account and practice playing around with it? Sorry, lots of questions!

 

I've never had any experience with Wordpress, but I have with Blogger. So, I can't really vote in this poll...

  • Author

Both cost you nothing but your time to try out :)

 

Well, I'll have to give Wordpress a shot :) I always come across a design job that requires experience with it, so I better create an account. Why not Blogger? Curious...

WP is dead easy, especially if you're already a designer. If you're doing this professionally I'd recomment the Thesis theme (not affiliated in any way)

 

S

Well, I'll have to give Wordpress a shot :) I always come across a design job that requires experience with it, so I better create an account. Why not Blogger? Curious...

If you're going to be developing a site with WP I'd advise you download and install it on your own server, the base hosted version is limited in what you can do with it, whereas if you self host there are no restrictions.

  • Author

WP is dead easy, especially if you're already a designer. If you're doing this professionally I'd recomment the Thesis theme (not affiliated in any way)

 

S

 

Thank you, SteveQ! I'm glad that Wordpress is dead easy :D

 

 

If you're going to be developing a site with WP I'd advise you download and install it on your own server, the base hosted version is limited in what you can do with it, whereas if you self host there are no restrictions.

 

Thanks a bunch! That's really helpful to know before I start working around with it. I have a question... I don't know that much about coding, so I'm guessing that I can use Dreamweaver to design with it?

I think wordpress is the best solution if you want a lot of control over your blog. Blogger is good if you wish to knock up a quick blog and you arent too bothered with the limited themes. Blogger is also a lot harder to customize than Wordpress and I wouldnt recommend it for a beginner.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.