Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So the girlfriend wants to learn webdesign...

Featured Replies

It's been about 8 years now since I started web-design, I don't even remember how I started out! The girlfriend wants to learn web-design, and I don't know where to send her on the internet to learn.

 

Any suggestions as to where to point her?

  • Author

Thanks for the support Lee and site :) Since we last talked, she talked more about it to me, so I might as well let her to do it lol

I'd personally recommend most of the O'Reilly Media books, like the one lee grant mentioned.

Here's a few of the other good ones:

 

CSS Cookbook, 3rd ed.

HTML & XHTML: The Definitive Guide, 6th ed.

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 5th ed.

 

There are plenty of good free resources & tutorials online too:

W3Schools Online

.net Magazine Online Tutorials

CSS Tricks

HTML Dog (as suggested by lee grant)

net tuts+

 

Hope they help ^_^

My girlfriend has no interest in learning web design but I sometimes get her to do some admin such as proof reading and basic content layout.

 

Maybe you could start her at the beginning with some basic html.

Whichever way you go, get her to start with HTML and CSS in a text editor. Once the interplay of those two components "clicks", then it's safe to move into a WYSIWYG editor (if desired).

 

 

 

--------

 

St Albans Web Design

Web Design, SEO, Development, Email Marketing

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.