Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

your thoughts on a new website idea

Featured Replies

I have a new website idea, with the domains already purchase just incase, but I want some feedback before actually starting this.

 

the domains I have are developerfolio.com and .co.uk - my idea is for it to be a showcase type website for webdevelopers/designers and am just after some feedback as to whether the name behind it would be what people expect from the site.

 

I thought you guys would be the best people to ask for opinions. so let me know your thoughts...

 

what does the name 'developerfolio' say to you?

 

if this is a good idea, then I would be looking for a designer to get on board with payment being a percentage stake in the site and a percentage of the revenue the site takes.

Not that this is meant to sound intentionally harsh but what that post above says to me (rather than the domain name the whole post) is that you do not believe in the project sufficiently enough to part with any money upfront for the design of said website. I know it sound harsh but if you truly believed in the project then you would want all the revenue for yourself and would be willing to pay top dollar for a killer design.

'developerfolio' to me, says it is a personal web developer's portfolio showcase or a showcase for web developers. As a designer I am not sure how the domain would be of use for designers?

 

Just my opinion.

  • Author

Not that this is meant to sound intentionally harsh but what that post above says to me (rather than the domain name the whole post) is that you do not believe in the project sufficiently enough to part with any money upfront for the design of said website. I know it sound harsh but if you truly believed in the project then you would want all the revenue for yourself and would be willing to pay top dollar for a killer design.

 

 

not quite sure I agree with you on this - I am getting feedback to see if a project is viable....if the response from people is 'doesnt make sense etc' then I wouldnt waste my time with it.

 

If the site does go ahead then as a developer I would need a designer, and without funds to pay for a design, the alternative offer is a percentage in the site.

 

thats my thinking anyways

it makes sense but it's been done

 

a percentage in the site is a percentage of uncertainty ;) If my bank or other services would accept "a percentage in the site." that i could pass on to them then would be fine and dandy. however if you're serious, you'll need to find the money from somewhere and pay a designer or find someone to do it on your terms: good luck with that!

I have a new website idea, with the domains already purchase just incase, but I want some feedback before actually starting this.

 

the domains I have are developerfolio.com and .co.uk - my idea is for it to be a showcase type website for webdevelopers/designers and am just after some feedback as to whether the name behind it would be what people expect from the site.

 

I thought you guys would be the best people to ask for opinions. so let me know your thoughts...

 

what does the name 'developerfolio' say to you?

 

if this is a good idea, then I would be looking for a designer to get on board with payment being a percentage stake in the site and a percentage of the revenue the site takes.

 

Good luck with that project :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.