Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legal contract for designing sites

Featured Replies

Can anyone please direct me to the link that I recently read that was very kindly posted regarding a 'Legal Contract' between a buyer and seller as to stages of payment and commitment expected from both the web designer and their customer please?

 

I did note the link and thought that I would easily find it again. I was wrong and cannot find the excellent download that was presented in both PDF and also as a word doc. I'd be most grateful to anyone whom has read it and could let me know where on the site it is.

 

Kind Regards

 

Linsky

Can anyone please direct me to the link that I recently read that was very kindly posted regarding a 'Legal Contract' between a buyer and seller as to stages of payment and commitment expected from both the web designer and their customer please?

 

I did note the link and thought that I would easily find it again. I was wrong and cannot find the excellent download that was presented in both PDF and also as a word doc. I'd be most grateful to anyone whom has read it and could let me know where on the site it is.

 

Kind Regards

 

Linsky

This is the one I found: killer contract

 

Geoff

  • Author

Thanks for your links, they are very helpful. However, there is another fantastic one just ready for signing etc. I know it is on the site somewhere, but thought I didn't think that it would come off my 'radar' so quickly.

 

It is always good to have such tools at our dispsoal. Thanks for your replies. If I find the original that I was looking for, I'll make sure that I don't lose it next time.

 

Kind Regards

 

Linsky

  • Author

Thanks very much Guezala, that was exactly the link I was looking for. And if I already have failed to thank Eskymo. Thanks Eskymo, a great help to us all.

 

Linsky

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, didn't want to create a new thread for just one question.

 

I'm just in the middle of updating my contract template, and I'm wondering if it's the norm to add a section that says, if, for any reason, we cannot complete the (clients) web site, that we refund any money paid - ? My line of thought is, what if there's a horrible deadline, and I fall sick, or an unavoidable family emergency pops up? Is there a way to cove myself in this situation, just in case?

Hi everyone, didn't want to create a new thread for just one question.

 

I'm just in the middle of updating my contract template, and I'm wondering if it's the norm to add a section that says, if, for any reason, we cannot complete the (clients) web site, that we refund any money paid - ? My line of thought is, what if there's a horrible deadline, and I fall sick, or an unavoidable family emergency pops up? Is there a way to cove myself in this situation, just in case?

What I have seen on contracts before is:

 

Delays: I agree to give X(provider) more time if they become ill, is injured, or is delayed because of events beyond their control, like: fire, theft, computer failure, and Acts of God.

What I have seen on contracts before is:

 

Delays: I agree to give X(provider) more time if they become ill, is injured, or is delayed because of events beyond their control, like: fire, theft, computer failure, and Acts of God.

 

Aha, thank you. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.