Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Mac Air

Featured Replies

It is lovely, but it doesn't have a changeable battery which worries me a little.

Is it wrong for a man to love technology this much?

 

I guess it gives you something to do...

not at all :) it is one of the best looking laptops i've seen.. but as cool as i think the fact it does not have a disk drive is... it does worry me a lot

he width of your fingernail - and looks like the Apple Care plan should come as standard, as i'd be too scared to play with it in case it breaks! It doesn't come with any optical drive! Though actually relies on another computers CD/DVD Drive to connect to if you need to install programs from disc...Very different.

 

I think it's tailored at a particular market, don't get me wrong I think it's gorgeous but not the most practical, I actually think it makes the regular Macbook/Pro range more desirable from a usability point of view.

 

The advert was very good, showing off it' thinness as it shows the Macbook actually fitting into a standard oversized envelope!

 

:)

Lmfao, just listened to a boagworld.com podcast and they were just discussing this.

 

The host was talking about how it was supposed to be everything-wireless, including powering, and when his co-host how you can possibly power something wirelessly, the host replied, "I dunno, magic probably".

not that much power when you consider the specs - low power processor, average HD, 2 gb RAM (cool) and no CD drive... but it does look horrifically porn-worthy...

Ugh, no CD/DVD drive. It looks like they focused on the design more than functionality.

  • 1 month later...

Over-priced, under-specced, but drop dead gorgeous. If I was rich, I'd definitely waste $3000 dollars on this.

Lmfao, just listened to a boagworld.com podcast and they were just discussing this.

 

The host was talking about how it was supposed to be everything-wireless, including powering, and when his co-host how you can possibly power something wirelessly, the host replied, "I dunno, magic probably".

 

Nope, not mag-ic, but mag-net-ic,

or more precisely induction coils :lol:

Check out the future

 

I want a big geeky smiley... but this will have to do - :flm7:

You could always connect an external dvd drive... unless it doesn't have USB!

You could always connect an external dvd drive... unless it doesn't have USB!

 

True, but then you're eliminating the Macbook Air's primary selling point: portability.

 

Lugging around an external drive in your laptop bag would be a pain in the @$$. :p

I think it's a rip-off! Apparently, it doesn't even have an ethernet port! :nea:

 

Macs are over-priced and hook you in with flashy design (I should know, I used to have one), and although I think mac os x is much better than windows, I don't think it justifies the price.

 

If I was in the market for a computer, I'd concentrate on quality and well priced hardware, and just run linux ;)

Looks good but not sure if it will live up to expectations as there is a lot of hassle as people have said relying on other computers to install software etc.

 

Seems a lot of hassle!

  • 1 month later...

Having a disk drive makes life easyer, you can watch dvds and burn your CD's onto itunes. This also defeats the point of frontrow a bit of you cant put your dvd in a drive to watch them. I know apple want to start controling things like this through the internet and apple store but surely it should wait until connection speeds are faster, at least in my local area.

 

Ill stick with my macbook pro...

I can't remember the last time I watched a DVD or used a CD in my Mac; Everything is done through the internet or USB hard drive, so I really don't have a problem with the no disc drive issue.

 

The design of this laptop is absolutely stunning, though. If it wasn't so expensive I'd trade in my black Macbook for it! :o

Yeah its very nice looking and the size and weight of it is helpful for carrying it around, especially in things like airport hand luggage. I wouldent trade my laptop in for it if i was given the option though. I still have not seen the prices for it, ill go have a look now.

Haha. I curb my Apple addiction by taking regular trips into the local Apple store, it seems to stop the urge to buy them if I get my hands on one every so often. :p

Is it wrong for a man to love technology this much?

 

Check it out: Mac Air.

 

intro_hero20080115.png

 

it is wrong bad, but i feel the same way about my iMac I so keep wanting to stroke it. reminds me of a beautiful sleek cat.

 

 

:flm7:

My sister bought one recently, it's gorgeous. I'm waiting a while till I buy one, though. Not sure I can handle the 24" goodness right now!

If i want an imac i have to start saving money instead of spending it, and that just isnt happening lately. -_-

I know what you mean, that's why I'm not even bothering saving up for one right now :p

I'd rather have this Lenovo than that Air

14574_large.jpg

I'd rather have this Lenovo than that Air

14574_large.jpg

 

Ew! It's got corners, they are forbidden! :o

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.