Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could you take a look?

Featured Replies

you could always encode your email within the HTMl using this:

 

Spam Me Not

 

and that way your email appears as it should on the web page, but within the code it's encoded.

 

Nice simple site - Just out of interest how much do you earn from these kind of sites?

Not bad but is the layout a cheap free webs stock layout or what? The layout ins't bad but I hate "working from home companies" because most of them are scams. And if they aren't you get like $1 for every 20 hours you spend surfing or whatever.

It seems ok...wishy washy. Free webs might be a free service but they do offer a lot of services to spice up your website. You could add chat rooms, forums, blogs and other things to bring it to life.

 

Now, I noticed that your links to your auto surfs don't well......link. Did you do that deliberately? Most people will be more inclined to go to these websites if they can just click on the links instead of having to copy & paste.

 

One other thing, down the road if you can afford it I would buy a domain name. Having freewebs.com as your URL address gives a bad taste in people's mouths. This I know from experience. ;) You can actually upgrade it right in your back office.

 

Sorry, not trying to be critical...just trying to help. :)

I think you've got a fair point wlctrent - a freewebs url would make me more inclined to think it was a scam - if they bought the URL it would look more legit.

  • Author
I think you've got a fair point wlctrent - a freewebs url would make me more inclined to think it was a scam - if they bought the URL it would look more legit.

Thanks for all the input guys!! Like I said, I wanted the good as well as the bad. As for having a free website, it's all I can afford at the moment. I've just started on the net and haven't made a whoe lot of cash yet, but when I start comming into some money I am definetly going to look into purchasing a website. The links on my page, were not intended to copy and paste them, I wanted them to clickable. I'll have to go back in there and try again.

 

Again thanks for all the feedback, that is why I think this forum is so great!!

I owuld say just switch hosts. I m sure you can find a free host better than freewebs. They only offer like 60mb of space and 500mb of BW which isn't great at all. Plus they charge extra for domains registered outside of freewebs to attach it to your account.

  • Author
I owuld say just switch hosts. I m sure you can find a free host better than freewebs. They only offer like 60mb of space and 500mb of BW which isn't great at all. Plus they charge extra for domains registered outside of freewebs to attach it to your account.

Do you have any suggestions for another host that I can look at. Does anyone know anything about bravehost? I hear that is a free web host.

goodness, i guess in a designer forum it's reasonable to expect that all the sites would look really good.

 

if you're looking at generating internet income on a long term basis, i'd recommend registering your own domain name and getting your own webhosting though. it builds your corporate brand and inevitable free hosting comes with it's own disadvantages, possibly their own advertising, limits on server space, bandwidth, etc.

 

plus since you never own the domain, it's a pity if you build up the Alexa ranking and Google PageRank there and it still ultimately belongs to freewebs.

 

cheers,

Nice start, but a little bit generic. I tend to browse sites that are a little more user friendly without looking like a list of links. Try buttons, colors, perhaps changing the white to parchment or some sort of textured background.

Maybe narrow up the text body and use art work that reflects the nature of the site. Butterflies and flowers seem rather generic.

I started out on freewebs myself, so don't feel bad because of it. You should realize, however, that you can get professional hosting for hardly any money though. I spend $4.95 per month for a mini-reseller account at hostingzoom.com and have 6 websites hosted there. A domain name is only $7 or $8 bucks.

 

If you don't know how to design a site yourself, and you don't have money to hire a designer, find a free template somewhere and use it. Or... take a little time to learn about CSS and HTML and make the site yourself.

 

It can be done. Everyone starts somewhere :)

Do you have any suggestions for another host that I can look at. Does anyone know anything about bravehost? I hear that is a free web host.

 

Well I have been using Synced.org as of now but I am thinking about switching to paid hosting. If you have the money then go for paid hosting it's much better.

kdarrell, I like your website. The purple is pretty but it could use a little toning down, in my opinion. That probably isn't possible with a free site.

 

I think it would be good if the urls you listed as places to work at home were clickable links. (they weren't for me, on my computer)

 

Thanks for sharing your site. It helped me to be able to list mine in this forum. :)

you could always encode your email within the HTMl using this:

 

Spam Me Not

 

and that way your email appears as it should on the web page, but within the code it's encoded.

 

Nice simple site - Just out of interest how much do you earn from these kind of sites?

 

That will be kind of useless since spammers use special software to catch hidden emails. :) I guess it is always a risk to place an email address online. The best policy is to have two addresses: a "safe" or "public" email and a personal one (for friends and family)

I thought this kind of encoding worked against spammers...

Good question... Back to the encoding part: spammers are getting smarter. And they don't really need to make a lot of efforts to get email addresses. We need email addresses to communicate, so sure we use them online, sure we subscribe to newsletters, etc. And if we have business websites, it is only natural that we want our clients to contact us easily. Many clients don't like online forms. But even so... spammers will find a way to get the email addresses encoded there.

bummer!

 

I think giba's comment is about the website that kdarrell wants opinions on - not about my comments about spammers...ooops. I took it out of context and got really confused.

bummer!

 

I think giba's comment is about the website that kdarrell wants opinions on - not about my comments about spammers...ooops. I took it out of context and got really confused.

 

 

Yes, you are right... We should start a new topic... :)

Back to kdarrell's site:

 

The page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional. That means it has errors, that means it doesn't respect the W3C standards... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%...m%2Fkdarrell%2F

 

Standards are important for web accessibility. And web accessibility is important for people with disabilities. I know kdarrell's page is more about generating revenue with adsense - am I wrong, kdarrell? It really looks like a "decent" adsense page... but, even when we create adsense pages, why not thinking about the ones less fortunate than us? http://www.webaim.org/

 

Besides, a good code is also a good SEO technique...

 

Plus:

 

Title:

meta tag length value

Title: 45

 

Work from Home : Make money working from home

Title meta tag contains no errors.

This tag contains 45 characters.

Title relevancy to page content is excellent.

The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

 

But:

 

Description: Found no description meta tag.

The description meta tag is used by most of the search engines. Consider to add a description meta tag.

Keywords: Found no keywords meta tag.

The keyword meta tag is still used by some search engines. Consider to add a keyword meta tag.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.

This tag is not really required but can help spiders to index the web page.

Author: Found no author meta tag.

This tag is not really required but can help for your (company) name recognizing.

 

Plus, you have no robots tag, no content language tag and the ravisit after tag is missing. This is a very important meta tag as it tells the search engine how often to spider / revisit your site.

 

Your site displayed on a search engine page:

 

Work from Home : Make money working from home

http://www.freewebs.com/kdarrell/

 

Keywords found in the IMG Alt tags: Keyword - Times Found.

This is text found in the 'alt' tag from the images. For web pages with a lot of images those tags are important (for best results try to name them after your primary keywords).

 

And there's still a lot to do...

 

I hope I could help...

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.