Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Video Hosting

Featured Replies

I have a few videos to put online for a client. I'm a bit unsure about hosting them on my server as they are quite big (380mb originally and I've got the one I've compressed down to 130mb) and I'm worried about how much bandwidth it will use.

 

I've looked at some services like Vimeo and YouTube that I can upload the video to and I was wondering if anybody knew any other services like this that I could use?

 

The alternative would be to put a limit on their BW so the site is taken offline if they use too much.

You have already found the best 2 solutions to your problem. We had a customer last year that put a 16mb video file on her website, then complained endlessly that her hosting was costing more and more every month (Despite us explaining every month it was due to her video file being viewed more and more)

 

In the end, despite still selling absolutely zero, but being ranked highly, she went to a large US based host, and now ranks absolutely nowhere, yet all she had to do was the same thing, just upload her video to youtube or vimeo.

 

I quite like Vimeo as its not so bursting with ads like youtube is

YouTube. Plus the additional viral capabilities and search engine optimsation you can perform on YouTube videos, makes it a no brainer.

 

Andrew Wheeler

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.