Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Most Simple and Well Designed URL shortening site. What do you think? decrease.it

Featured Replies

Hi there, what do you think of my latest site.

 

decrease.it

 

Any constructive feedback is useful thanks. ;)

The URL is brilliant!

 

The default text is too big for the text box, in Firefox you can't see the bottom of the y and the g.

The border on the logo looks far too big for the text within, either make the blue text bigger, or reduce the border.

 

It's not plainly obvious the that two A's mean "submit" but I can it can be easily figured out.

 

Finally, just an idea for this service, it would be good to have an API call so that people can use to your site to get their URL shortened without having to visit it directly.

  • Author
The URL is brilliant!

 

The default text is too big for the text box, in Firefox you can't see the bottom of the y and the g.

The border on the logo looks far too big for the text within, either make the blue text bigger, or reduce the border.

 

It's not plainly obvious the that two A's mean "submit" but I can it can be easily figured out.

 

Finally, just an idea for this service, it would be good to have an API call so that people can use to your site to get their URL shortened without having to visit it directly.

 

Completely agree with everything you said. An API is defiantly something I will look into, and I will try to amend that Firefox issue now (i'm currently using chrome). Thanks for the feedback

  • Author

http://decrease.it/b

 

I dont get it :(

 

What's there not to get? Although it would be generally used for longer URL's, it shortened it and redirected it.

  • Author

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its all appreciated.

what's not to get?

 

its as simple and easy to use as google. i like it.

I really like it, I've been using it this week! :)

Like the service. I think that would be better is if it could be used as a more permanent address so you can pick the url after the / so decrease.it/benwhite

 

This maybe would be good to send to clients to show them the design instead of giving a link of your hosting providers subdomain or like that.

  • Author
Like the service. I think that would be better is if it could be used as a more permanent address so you can pick the url after the / so decrease.it/benwhite

 

This maybe would be good to send to clients to show them the design instead of giving a link of your hosting providers subdomain or like that

 

I can do that in the backend, however I want the homepage to remain simple at the moment. If you would like that URL i'm sure I can sort something out for you if you so wish.

i was actually about to post something on twitter, but needed a shorter URL so came back to here to use it.

 

great stuff.

  • Author

I have found a bug...

 

You are able to click the 'go' button when there is nothing in the box

 

This is not a bug as such, but it is something that I am looking to fix. I am trying to create a script to validate the URL

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks for all the responses, all are useful :drinks:

Hmmm... not loading for me. I suppose it's the "Great Firewall of China". Any good suggestions on a VPN?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've never had any problems loading it before, so it must be 'the great firewall of China'.

but I think it would be better if you could be used more address

Please explain?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.