Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Re-design of my portfolio

Featured Replies

Well I've started re-designing my portfolio!

 

It probably wont go live until the New Year as i have 3 clients on the go at the minute.

 

Constructive criticisim welcome :)

 

template3new.jpg

Not a great deal to comment on with this one, but yeah, it's got the makings of something nice.

 

I like it so far.

Nice start I like the background image at the top, have you tried your navigation as just bold rather than italic?

I love it! Great work.

Some little remarks, although.

I dislike these shadows.

Pev/Next buttons look like light drop from top of the page. Ok.

Website and Detail buttons spotlighted from the bottom.

Featured work box spotlighted… I cannot to say from where.

Logo and navigation have not shadow at all.

IMHO, it would be better to set the single light source for all elements of the page – from top.

 

Also, it would be better to align left side of the logo and the right one of menu item Contact with corresponding edges of Featured (or current) work box. Left side of the text “Hell there…” also ought to be aligned to the left with logo and the picture.

 

Good luck!

neil0wen, look once more at the entire page. We have a following light directions:

1. Prev/Next buttons - from the top;

2. website/details buttons - from the bottom;

3. picture - perpendicular to the screen;

4. logo and menu - have no shadows (ghosts!);

+ top edge of the page casts shadow from top to bottom.

I don't think you understand me. The light source is not coming from any direction. I believe the effect is from above. In otherwords as if a lamp was shining down on a piece of paper from above. If this is the case then the shadows cast would depend on the objects on the page.

neil0wen, I understand you well. Probably, I did not clearly explain, so I try to do it once more.

 

 

"3. picture - perpendicular to the screen;" - that is from above. If is it, in this case the lamp should shine down not only on the piece of paper, but on other objects on the page too. But now you can see that each object has its own independent light source – as I mentioned above – and each light source throws light in different directions, different from the lamp light direction.

 

 

 

 

However, better to see once.

 

 

 

 

Also I corrected here some alignment stuff. IMHO, this could improve the design.

 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.