Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm new to the forum

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Avril and I am new to this webdesigner forum. I have designed a few websites, but more recently I decided to launch my own Web Design site to let people see what I am doing and hopefully get some clients.

 

I am relatively new to webdesign and have used Frontpage and Dreamweaver 8 to build websites, but I find that I am using only Dreamweaver now. But I do have a problem with the forms, that is not the actual layout but making them work online.

 

This is one reason why a used Frontpage as well as Dreamweaver in the past. Frontpage has all the relevant info boxes to tick and is very user friendly, with the exception of needing the frontpage extensions in the hosting package and can be quite costly depending on which hosting company is used.

 

I have recently bought the CoffeeCup program for building forms and is great to use but can't help feeling that if I'd known about this forum I would probably have saved money and would be a little more informed about Dreamweaver.

 

If you have read this far thank you, and hope to get to know you more in the future.

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

www.ifwd.co.uk

Internet Freedom Web Design

Hi Avril, welcome to the forum. Avoid using Dreamweaver all you can, code by hand, it's the best ;).

Hi Avril,

 

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn new skills and improve your current ones. I have only been a member for a few days and already I have noticed a rise in the quality of my coding knowledge... its mad just how fast you can learn from your peers :)

 

You will really enjoy this forum, just dive straight in and participate; don't be afraid to ask questions either, everyone seems super-nice and eager to help out.

 

Welcome and enjoy :)

'lo and welcome :hi:

 

We're really a friendly bunch here, unless you catch some of us before our morning caffeine/nicotine fix :pp

 

I hope you find it a friendly and useful place :)

  • Author
Hi Avril, welcome to the forum. Avoid using Dreamweaver all you can, code by hand, it's the best ;).

 

Thank you for making me feel welcome Traxor. I'm afraid I have never used code and wouldn't know where to start. I have edited some code when necessary but to start from scratch, I've haven't a clue.

 

I would like to learn more and will certainly be visiting WDF as often as I can to learn a little more. In the meantime, are there any books or website tutorials that you would recommend?

 

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

  • Author
Hello Avril - Welcome to the wonderful world of Web Designer Forum. I think you'll like it here :)

 

Thank you Karly, I think you are right!

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

  • Author
Hi Avril,

 

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn new skills and improve your current ones. I have only been a member for a few days and already I have noticed a rise in the quality of my coding knowledge... its mad just how fast you can learn from your peers :)

 

You will really enjoy this forum, just dive straight in and participate; don't be afraid to ask questions either, everyone seems super-nice and eager to help out.

 

Welcome and enjoy :)

 

 

Thank you for your warm welcome Terydinho, I hope to learn 'coding' through WDF and any other source that is highly recommended. I have a feeling that I will enjoy learning from all at WDF.

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

  • Author
The two most commonly recommended sites for getting to grips with html/css et al are w3schools and htmldog.

Good luck with your studies. :)

 

 

Thank you for the links ElanMan, I will have a look at those tomorrow.

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

  • Author
'lo and welcome :hi:

 

We're really a friendly bunch here, unless you catch some of us before our morning caffeine/nicotine fix :pp

 

I hope you find it a friendly and useful place :)

 

 

Thank you for making me feel so welcome, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better in the future and learning from you all too.

 

Best Wishes .... Avril

Thank you for making me feel welcome Traxor. I'm afraid I have never used code and wouldn't know where to start. I have edited some code when necessary but to start from scratch, I've haven't a clue.

 

I would like to learn more and will certainly be visiting WDF as often as I can to learn a little more. In the meantime, are there any books or website tutorials that you would recommend?

 

 

Best Wishes ... Avril

You're welcome, you may find it difficult when you first start to code websites by hand, but once you begin, you'll start to see the massive advantages that you have by doing so. I've written an article on my blog about just this, with lists of recommended books, websites etc ;)

Hello Avril,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you'll enjoy learning here specially coding.

:D

Avril, I hope you stick around, you will learn a lot about web design/development.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.