Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No more uni, a job, and other stories

Featured Replies

Hi Everyone, hope you're all in good health!

 

I've kinda been neglecting this place over the last 2/3 weeks... I'm sorry :(

 

I finished uni (Huzzah!!!) and since then instead of calming down, everything seems to have gotten more hectic.

 

At some point I managed to pass 2000 posts, yay go me! Hahaha, but it's not good enough! I hope soon things will settle and I can get back to getting properly involved here.

 

I have been job hunting and attending interviews, and I'm very pleased to say I have a job as a junior developer starting in a weeks time :D:D I'm really looking forward to it, although the idea of working full time is REALLY daunting after having been a student for sooooo long!

 

The good side to it is even though spare time gets reduced, I will have a routine and evenings and weekends...I've not had weekends for a long time!

 

Well I'm off to go make some tea, chill and read books... something else I'm enjoying again after a far too long studying crappy business and being forced to read boring drivel !!

 

Eris :drinks:

Congratulations on finishing Uni and landing your first web job, Eris :yahoo:

Looking forward to more input from you on the forums. Bring on the weekends! :)

I have been job hunting and attending interviews, and I'm very pleased to say I have a job as a junior developer starting in a weeks time :D:D I'm really looking forward to it, although the idea of working full time is REALLY daunting after having been a student for sooooo long!

Well done on the job! I hope you can get your employer to teach you lots of useful stuff that will be useful to your in the long term...

Congratulations on the new job Eris!

Hope you're enjoying chilling with your books :)

:clapping: Well done Eris :drinks:

 

I hope you enjoy your new job.

 

Rob

Good luck in your new job Eris, don't forget about us. Hope you are having a fun weekend :)

  • Author

Thanks for the kind words!

I am really looking forward to starting my job, I'll let you know if I enjoy it as much as I think I'm gonna.

 

I've got a week to chill out first, have a few books I want to get through, and catch up around here!

 

@Bluedreamer, I have a feeling I'm going to learn an awful lot from these people!

  • Author

Lol, well since I was 4 :pp

 

I did 4 years at uni, 3 years under and 1 year post grad. Educated up to my eyeballs...

Good work!

 

Personally though I would try and start my own business, or get a job like you and work after hours on my own business. You can't get rich working for somebody else :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Sooo, I just finished my first week of work and I am thoroughly exhausted.

 

I'm sorry I haven't been around, it's going to take a week or two before I can come home and do anything other than sleep!!

 

I'm absolutely loving the job! I'm learning more than my brain can handle! Working on something different every day and really having to put all my know-how to the test.

 

Skysurge, I don't think what you said about getting rich is true, but it depends on what you count as *rich*...

 

Personally, I know that once I've settled into the routine, and bought a house closer to work I will have everything I need. That's not to say that one day I wouldn't want to go it alone, but I've done the freelance thing and there is a lot to be said for having a routine, a salary and not being totally liable for other people's livelihoods.

weldone on finishing uni and the job.

Hope you enjoy it.

 

Cant wait till i get a new job (really need one) i am a creative soul in a office 9-5 job, felt like i sold my soul to the devil.

 

Goodluck :) /hugs

Another one goes all corporate! ;)

It's always us on WDF who lose out to the lure of business! Glad you're enjoying it, learning lots and working hard - must make a change on all 3 counts from uni!!!!! :D

Hope it settles down soon and we see you break through 3,000 posts.

  • Author

@Emmi, I think there are 9-5 office jobs for creatives... the place I work is a creative agency and it is a great environment... very flexible! But although I am a creative person, I'm a developer rather than a designer so I guess 9-5 suits me quite well.

 

@Bro Haha.. a change on all 3 fronts indeed..I've learnt more this week than in 4 years at uni lol! Hows China treating you?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.