Everything posted by Rob Aid
-
Work in progress website
it's nice, but why is that home button on absolute position from the right?
-
New design / Blog Script
Regarding usability on portfolio pages the launch site doesn't work. Aside some other things that are related to my particular taste, you need to work on the blog part of the website and lighten it a bit.
-
new project
Ahaha, I just waited for Lev to point out the placements Aside placement adjusting I would work on the logo itself and fix the lines or redesign it altogether.
-
My turn to get reviewed
- I would redo the menu, as well as the items on the right (sub-sections) on most pages - the contrast gained by effect on the images on front-page is screaming on a dark background - favicon should be used (it will also decrease the number of "404" errors you might see in stats) - The website doesn't have uniform color scheme and it needs work on typography and spacing in order to increase readability
-
New design
Damn you for using Quadranta font I was considering it for the new logotype
-
New portfolio site or old?
Better, why is the transition random?
-
Website freedback
I like the design in general. A bit crowded regarding features... verified.. like.. then on the right links to social networks... could benefit from a bit different placement. I would add very subtle gradient on the top in full width of the site.
-
How do you advertise?
Word of mouth, bookmarking, BuySellAds.com from time to time, but CTR varies a lot. I'm aware of benefits from adding and recommending via social networks but I let that build itself (hence weak results)... I focus on website optimization and user friendliness and hope for word of mouth from new regular visitors.
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
Maybe in future when i decide to change the header and make it more colorful. The newly introduced green category about green architecture too strong? It is at the same tone as the orange, purple and blue but it seems a bit stronger to me... Any opinions or suggestions? I also moved the advert and removed gray fields to way it was before and fixed the same category menu to load on every page (the descriptions do not disappear on pages different than index as before), because it's easier and more tasteful to add a link Advertise page to the footer or main menu once I make a good contact. One of the next things being developed are: - custom bookmarking system which won't rely on 3rd party servers, images and trackers/script - latest posts from the related category with solo coloring of that field (will draw attention and be intuitive I hope)
-
feedback please!
Way too crowded and unoptimized, bad color usage and logo placement. I know it's not a must, but putting the logo in upper left makes people remember the website they visited. Navigation?
-
New portfolio site or old?
i prefer the old one, seems cleaner and I really don't like the script and its performance on the 2nd.
-
Portfolio Idea
If you're going to stick to that layout, I like the "3D" thumbnails effect more than those plain looking thumbs. Why didn't you try to implement the nuksies idea with zig-zag thumbs (I had that in my portfolio when I was doing freelance, with only one item per row though)? In that way, you could write your notes about the design and unique features, and link the images to larger versions which could load via image loader you like. I also suggest categories and some sort of jumps to them with #anchor (with or without additional jscript to make it fancy), tabs or pages.
-
Another website first draft - opinions very welcomed!
I like it, although i have a remark regarding usability. At the end of your pages you mention that on the next page we could read more about your next venture and there is no link to the next page (would be pretty useful).
-
Need review and feedback
Things I would change are the width of "rows" in the header and footer by adding some color in a full width in order to make the content pop. I would also remove Tags cloud from the header. Regarding content, I'm not sure is it feasible to fix it, but I don't like the template thumbnails have different heights, and you should add a bit more line height to the text. The details and buy links aren't working?
-
w3c validator
It is related to the way content appears in different browsers (that parse wrong code differently) and some search engine crawlers like valid pages more than invalid ones.
-
Website Critique Required
I would darken the font in your sidebar a bit and change the top-menu to be larger and on a different position.
-
Review Needed !
Hmm, It looks nice on my PC but the header is way too large for lower resolutions. I didn't go into the SEO, but I noticed that most other pages are bland, try adding some color to them (for example, every solutions page). The start button doesn't have a function? Other than that, images should be more optimized (all_bg.gif could save 106.7KB or 24% without image quality loss).
-
Review - gwebb.org :)
The only good thing I can say about it is that its loading is good. There was a story somewhere a few years ago with what not to do on a website... and you managed to achieve a couple of those things. I always recommended a visit to a site http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ in order to show people what NOT to do
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
Experimented with various light and lighter backgrounds and those don't work well with the site. I would probably have to change the entire background to white, and I'll certainly skip that. Any feature you would like to be added (i.e. thumbnails of related articles)?
-
Portfolio Flash site for review
I don't like the background and its changing color. I'm also generally against flash, because search engines (normally) can't index your pages well. Guess you'll get other references for new jobs. The font on your portfolio slides looks a bit small on my resolution (1920z1080 24" monitor).
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
Increased the line height of titles. Thanks EvaBrown
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
You refer to logo or logotype? The robot is staying, it's a website mascot. I don't care about trends regarding big font logotypes used as a logo these days. I'm not sure about your color settings but the background isn't that dark. I thought about widening the site by making the content float as it does on many other websites, but the current solution lessens the usual strain the eyes get when the content gets a lot of empty space around it. It might get a bit brighter to counter the contrast between the part with content and background though. The gray background of the adverts was not present before at the square advert located at the right (I added it as a test of CTR a bit more than a week ago), the one at the top was always present in order to distinguish it from content and bookmarking options, and it served to emphasize the (currently not available) link to advertise on the website through BuySellAds.com service. @samini: Thanks. I noticed your website earlier on this thread, but it was already commented by many containing same remarks, so I haven't commented it. You have to add the favicon and you might change the "What does an EPC look like?" link to load the image inline instead displaying it after the link has been clicked. I appreciate all your remarks, most of them confirm some of my thoughts about small website tweaks. Any other thoughts?
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
Yeah, i thought of adding colors related to categories myself, especially in the article listings where I already list the categories the article is filled in. Not so much as for changing backgrounds or anything essential in the design as some other sites do (it's pretty easy to achieve that), since most of the articles have multiple categories. The old titles were much longer ("Something | robaid.com – Rob Aid presents news about robots, gadgets. tech and bionics"), but the website is becoming more known so I decided to cut the rest behind character |. I know it would help in SEO a bit, but the keyword "article(s)" is appearing relatively often within those pages (h2, h3 and h5 headings, as well as in the ordinary content). A while ago, I had tabs where headings had the color of categories and those listed most popular articles in the given category. Since that script is heavy, I had to cut the calls for it in order to improve the website performance. I do plan to add "Most popular articles" or "Latest articles" from the same category as the viewed article, where I would use the category color to bring attention to that area. The form spicing is something I recommend to others as well, but I never find the time for it. Will put some effort to it, once the Contact page is made. Any other suggestions?
-
tomcash.co.uk
Ah, I wrote website... meant forum. I posted a link to your website on that thread after the comment here. The only thing I always tell to people is to make the image in header lead to home page, and maybe making the header a tad smaller regarding height (not much). Could you return the favor and criticize my website on a thread I made a few days ago?
-
tomcash.co.uk
Nice and light. A while ago I commented on some other website whose website name has the word cloud in it, and this is a design I had in mind for it.