Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

karlosb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by karlosb

  1. The name alone made me laugh!
  2. Nice Website Dude! :-)
  3. .... From the Asda probably Lol :-0
  4. LOL I do actually really miss it at times! Ah... the shoppo and the asda! ... :-0
  5. Hi helen, How's life in the corn? Back in norton cross this weekend for a friends wedding. The good old north west ! :-)
  6. Are you using a mac? If so I would get your hands on CODA http://www.panic.com/coda/ Over the last 6 months or so, I took Blue Dreamers advice and ditched Dreamweaver and I haven't looked back! From my personal experience, there is too much going on in dreamweaver in terms of fancy functionality etc. Like I say *IF* you are on a mac... CODA is really worth the cash (its like £60.00!!).
  7. Good luck completing the course ! :-)
  8. Do you work for like Mi5 or something? :-)
  9. is it who I think it is?
  10. Hi There, I've checked the webpage out in IE 6 /7 (windows) and it looks fine. One thing to watch out for though: you don't need to wrap <h3> tags inside <p> tags also: <a href="mailto":jennywmcnd@gn.apc.org>jennywmcnd@gn.apc.org</a> should be: <a href="mailto:jennywmcnd@gn.apc.org">jennywmcnd@gn.apc.org</a> I take it the links for other pages are not done yet :-)
  11. Firefox 3.0 is by far the best piece of Browser software I've ever come across. I've just been added numerous add-ons tonight, including "SEO for Firefox" to check Website Backlinks etc…
  12. not a bad idea I suppose!
  13. Thats two heads up for .biz ! Thanks Dizi.
  14. thanks for the feedback ErisDS! much appreciated!
  15. Hi There, I have a client who wants me to register his domain name. .co.uk / .com / .net are all taken... but I can get .org / .info / .biz The client is not really bothered which one I go for but I can't decide which one is best! It is only a small local building trade firm and I did think that maybe .org is more for a large organization (or is .org more for charity 'organization' types?). I guess I'm just looking for some quick advice! Many Thanks Karlos
  16. I am going to register the 'proper' domain name and when I have done this I will dispute this with Fasthosts again (at least this would be proof that it was a genuine mistake).
  17. why does that not surprise me? They are getting pretty bad in their customer care! karlos
  18. Yeah I see the logic there. I might as well! Thanks Rachael.
  19. Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I can live with it for now, and learn to double check in the future. I guess it was more Fasthosts attitude with me. The tech guy was a little smug with me. In fact they let the phone ring for about 5 minutes with any call waiting messages, and when he did answer he was laughing about something which is very off putting for a customer, and extremely un-professional! Is it me, or have fasthosts got too big for their own boots! (Even their servers are slow and poor in performance!!!) Thanks once again for the feedback! Karlos (Fasthosts #01 fan!)
  20. I think you're right I might have to put this one down to experience! I looked at FAQ section with another hosting/domain company website and they had a section about this exact issue, warning to double check before submitting your name etc. They warned there would be no refund on their policy. Ah Well! Thanks for the reply. karlos
  21. Hi Guys, I am after some advice. I have just made a bit balls up whilst registering a domain name this morning with fasthosts! I have spelt the domain name incorrectly (as in I got two of the letters mixed up the wrong way round). I rang them up and the 'smug' guy in tech-support says there is nothing they can do in terms of a refund, as they as a company get billed automatically for it from the domain people, after you purchase the domain from them. He said I will just have to raise the issue with the 'escalations' team via email. Has anyone else had this problem, or know where I stand with this? Many Thanks Karlos
  22. Its all sounding pretty good stuff! I think I will aim to get all my existing clients hosting onto my reseller account once its all set up.
  23. excellent breakdown rob! thank you very much for the feedback. this gives me a much greater idea of how to charge for web space. I mainly would be hosting brochure-style websites at the moment and they come in at an average of about 20-30mb of data in size. So I guess I could get quite a lot of web domains hosted on the reseller-1 package at Clook (but they are limiting it to 20 on this package?). I will have to find out what my options are with their packages I guess.
  24. Sounds pretty straight forward stuff. Cheers Rob

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.