Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will work for Beer

Featured Replies

Can you lot have a look at my pub site and let me know any mistakes I may have made as I'm still very much a novice.

 

I dont really like the font I used for the logo (though I deplore actual 'logos' for pubs, they have pub signs godammit!). I'm looking for a small caps kinda font (had castellar before) ....any sugesstions?

 

And yes, I did it for beer :air_kiss:

I guess working for beer is better than working for peanuts!! :spiteful:

 

There is a problem with your contact thank you page. I sent a blank email. Also with the guest book.

i have seen this somewhere before have you posted it up once already, site looks great but be honest, was it just the one beer :lol:

  • Author

cheers HOGit. I havnt done those yet.The landlord will be confused by all those s's :spiteful:

Yes Keith I asked about the layout of it when I started the coding and you replied...cheers

 

t.c.

Its nice - but I have two criticisms of the design.

 

  • I don't like the nav bar font as it makes the 'Find Us' link look like one word and isn't great to read.
  • Also, although I obviously don't know what the client wanted, I think you could have made the design warmer, more pub-like. I would have used more browns and 'beer-y' colours.

If, however, those are the colours that suit the pub best, I think the site is great!!

Well Done!

  • Author

Thanks Nuksie, I too have had the same doubts about the navigation especially as a fair proportion of the user will be old. I'm pleased to see I'm beginning to recognise my faults. Sadly the navigation matrix involved is extremely difficult to edit so I left it in as I was just happy I got it to work.

cheers

t.c.

  • Author

@ best developer

I've used 12pt for the smaller text...is that considered too small for serif text on the web or would I get away with letter spacing a little. The main (non italic) is 13pt, do you think that should be bigger aswell?

@tarzan10

Site was originally done as a suprise gift for the landlord and lady so photos were done on the sly when pub was shut. I have sugessted they take some when business is busy but they have been reluctant (or too busy?) so far. Again I'm glad to see I recognised this problem myself aswell.

 

Many thanks for your input, it is always appreciated!

 

cheers

t.c.

Several things, but first off I love the pub. I'm a sucker for anything old and wooden and quaint. So the pub drew me right in (pun intended). However, here are my suggestions....

 

1.) Get rid of the white outline around your nav links and just use solid colors.

 

2.) I like the header and the footer, but it would look even better if your entire background was the same color as the sky. Then your header and footer would seamlessly blend into the background.

 

3.) The pub picture looks like someone used some Photoshop filter effect on it (Paint Daubs maybe?). Since you are selling people on your establishment I would use an actual photo of it. If you are hopelessly attached to the paint-daubed look then I would make the photo of your actual pub much larger (the sepia-toned one you have on the side).

 

4.) What does the actual plaque with your logo look like? I see something on the front. Is that your sign? You need to accent this, especially in the header. Use that as a blueprint for your site name/logo.

 

5.) When I went to the Gallery section I was expecting to see photos of the pub itself and maybe some surrounding countryside. Scenic beauty and the old rustic style of your establishment is what will draw people in, not photos of drunken party people.

 

Other than that the rest of the site looks great.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.