Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Building a blog - what should I add to make it more "bloggy"

Featured Replies

Hi,

I'm building a blog for a company I work at, it's setup on Joomla, I added few features to make it look/feel/work more like a blog but I'm still not fully happy about it.

Any ideas on what features I should add etc?

I am seriously not advertising lol, I just need a hand with the problem, also if you have any ideas on what niche should I target to make any use of this blog in helping the website get some organic traffic from local (East Sussex/Eastbourne - United Kingdom) area, I would appreciate it too.

 

SME IT Blog - Computer News That Matters

Stay on topic and stay relevant and informative and keep it updated.

 

IMO try to separate off the different stories a little bit, seems a little cluttered on the page. Are these just syndicated feeds from elsewhere? Looks a lot like a diluted Engadget :pp

 

The blog communicates nothing about the business and is merely a list of "news". It's not unique and nothing people who subscribe to blogs won't already have on their readers. This means there is no niech to target because your content doesn't have one.

  • Author
1.Stay on topic and stay relevant and informative and keep it updated.

 

2.IMO try to separate off the different stories a little bit, seems a little cluttered on the page. Are these just syndicated feeds from elsewhere? Looks a lot like a diluted Engadget :pp

 

3.The blog communicates nothing about the business and is merely a list of "news". It's not unique and nothing people who subscribe to blogs won't already have on their readers. This means there is no niech to target because your content doesn't have one.

 

1. Will try

 

2. Hmmm, okay, I'll try to sort something out

 

3. Hmm, okay, maybe I'll separate content in 2 or 3 categories to target it more.

I'm building a blog for a company I work at, it's setup on Joomla, I added few features to make it look/feel/work more like a blog but I'm still not fully happy about it. Any ideas on what features I should add etc?

 

"Powered by Wordpress" ....sorry couldn't resist that one :)

 

I am seriously not advertising lol, I just need a hand with the problem, also if you have any ideas on what niche should I target to make any use of this blog in helping the website get some organic traffic from local (East Sussex/Eastbourne - United Kingdom) area, I would appreciate it too.

 

They should be writing about issues that are directly related to their business, customers, and probably the local area. This should give you a broad enough scope to write about the products you offer, general case studies, current issues which will affect your customers, and even local general news whre you can find some sort of connection.

  • Author
"Powered by Wordpress" ....sorry couldn't resist that one :)

Heh, can't do it on Wordpress, I wish I could but it's too late, I will have a look at what widgets I could implement in my Joomla-wanna-be-blog.

They should be writing about issues that are directly related to their business, customers, and probably the local area. This should give you a broad enough scope to write about the products you offer, general case studies, current issues which will affect your customers, and even local general news whre you can find some sort of connection.

 

Good idea! Thanks for that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.