July 15, 200818 yr So.. I just completed the game, I won't include any spoilers for anyone who hasn't yet. Was anyone else really disappointed? I felt like this game did absolutely nothing new, if anything it less than its predecessors.. GTA3 - WOW 3D! GTA: Vice City - Motorbikes, helicopters, purchasing property, making money off side businesses, speed boats GTA: San Andreas - Swimming, Planes, Jets, Military base, tanks, military helicopters, casinos, awsome storyline, tattoos, clothes, muscle building, girlfriends, more weapons, that jetpack thing, aircraft hanger to store planes, multiple airports, countryside, gangs and gang warfare, skydiving, customiseable cars GTA4 - ..............no swimming underwater, 3 helicopters only one of which has a little gun on it, no planes, one airport, driving controls are terrible, no houses or mansions, no purchasing property, girlfriends and friends are boring and take up too much of the story, no planes, no jetpack, no aircraft storage, no mansion, no gang that you lead, no muscles, no casinos, no tattoos, no military base, the prison does NOTHING and has no purpose, fewer weapons, less humour, worse radio, no sky diving, no customiseable cars, much more boring storyline By the end of GTA4 I just felt like I'd completed a game..... not like I now owned the city like I did with VC and SA. I can't see myself going back to it like I still do with SA because there's so much depth to it. Googled it briefly just now and seems I'm not the only one who feels this way - wonder if rockstar will take notice?
July 16, 200818 yr but you can also consider that the graphics were just amazingly better and the city was ALOT more detailed (rather than just expansive). The driving controls are more realistic, and with practice its not hard to drive a fast car through the city without hitting a single thing. I think it adds more of a challenge during the driving missions that you have to concentrate on driving rather than just bouncing off buildings to turn... I didn't feel the game missed anything due to the lack of jet planes, tanks, attack helicopters, or jetpacks - they simply were not realistic... GTA4, yes you could take 50 bullets to the face and walk away, yes you could fall 50 feet and only be a bit bruised... but the fights and missions felt alot more realistic - they were on the edge of realism rather than far far beyond it... the rise from the slums through crime was measured and not over the top - you were always the little guy, fighting against mob bosses... And the storyline? Tracking down someone who stabbed you in the back and killed 11 of your friends... seems a pretty good motive and resulting storyline to me...
July 16, 200818 yr I'm still 50/50 on this. I have it on the 360 but as I'm still on a Uni connection until next week have been unable to play it online yet, I imagine that gives it a bit more depth! As for the storylines, I think it's pretty much the same as it always has been chase people, kill people, save, do it again. I do like the city but agree it would have been better with stuff like Casino's, Betting Shops etc. I think it's pretty obvious why they didn't include planes. A few people have told me that this is the last GTA I don't know if that's got any truth in it or not. However if more are to come out I do think they need to vary it a little how they do that I don't know but then again I'm not a professional games designer Overall, for a very slow year in games (in my eyes) this is certainly the best. The only other game that for me comes near this is Pro Evo and even that was rubbish last year!
July 16, 200818 yr I started playing it on the 360 but wasn't impressed. So I stopped playing it, I tried to start playing again on Sunday but my 360 got the RROD. I don't think any of the GTA's will be the original with the rednecks.
July 16, 200818 yr Author Penguin, if I wanted realism I wouldnt be sitting on my sofa playing computer games. I play them for fun, not realism.
July 16, 200818 yr I haven't finished it yet but I'm absolutely loving the game! Whilst I've played the previous versions, I've never owned and played them through so I can't really compare this against them, but from my experience it is the best game I've ever bought (with exception possibly of Champ Man 92/93 ). I would admit that the friends girlfriends thing is annoyingly implemented - they always phone me up wanting to hang out or want a shag when I'm busy killing people - but that's a minor gripe really. Other than that I'm totally absorbed in the game and fully loving it. Oh, and the cover element of gunfights is a massive improvement from what I've played of the previous games.
July 16, 200818 yr Was anyone else really disappointed? Extremely disappointed with the game!!! I was reading up on the games features everyweek until it was released, they promised alot of things but half of them never appeared. I queued at 12am to get the game, played it flat out for a week, got 25% complete and 110% completely bored with it!!! Havent played it since.
July 16, 200818 yr I'm enjoying it this far, I'm about 30% through but I only play a couple of missions a night and have a drive around the area that I am in to see if I can find jumps and little hidden things. I guess maybe because I didn't think that it would be as good as VC, and I never enjoyed SA because of the go to gym, must eat, real life element to it which bored the hell outa me. That my expectations of this one weren't as high as other peoples...so far VC is still my favourite in the series, but this one is good too. I am loving all the little minigames, and that you can go out with your contacts like it doesn't really end once you have finnished their mission sets, that is the greatest addition that this game has done, as it was always annoying in the others that some people would just disappear with no reason behind it, at least in this one they either die, move or you can still contact them.
July 16, 200818 yr Am planning to buy when I can get it cheap ( or pre-owned) However, I have heard a few people say how dissapointed they are with it. Suits me to wait though as I am still happy playing R6V 2.
July 16, 200818 yr I haven't finished it yet but I'm absolutely loving the game! Whilst I've played the previous versions, I've never owned and played them through so I can't really compare this against them, but from my experience it is the best game I've ever bought (with exception possibly of Champ Man 92/93 ). I would admit that the friends girlfriends thing is annoyingly implemented - they always phone me up wanting to hang out or want a shag when I'm busy killing people - but that's a minor gripe really. Other than that I'm totally absorbed in the game and fully loving it. Oh, and the cover element of gunfights is a massive improvement from what I've played of the previous games. Champ Man 93/94 was better. Did over 160 years on a 2 player game with my brother, unfortunately the disk that the save game was on got corrupt.
July 16, 200818 yr Champ Man 93/94 was better. That might be the one I got addicted to. To be honest I can't really remember - other than it consumed a huge period of my life!
July 16, 200818 yr That might be the one I got addicted to. To be honest I can't really remember - other than it consumed a huge period of my life! 93/94 was the one where Blackburn were really good and had loads of money.
July 16, 200818 yr I was very disappointed with it in lots of ways. I don't have time to play a game like this. I wish I hadn't bought it. I fell for the hype. Anyone with a PS3 who wants to buy this off me, feel free to make me an offer!
July 16, 200818 yr In my opinion GTA IV just lacks the 'fun factor' of some of the previous games such as San Andreas. I miss being able to quad bike off mountain tops or jet pack up to high buildings then parachute off etc. Having said that, I did enjoy my first few weeks of playing the game until it started to feel a little repetative. There are one or two good mission which are fun and creative but the rest all feel the same and start to become more of a chore. I haven't played it as much recently and when I have, i've just driven around for a bit then turned it off. Although the game has better graphics, a good storyline and the city is more detailed. Without the fun factor that the other games had, it just isn't the GTA we all knew and loved.
Create an account or sign in to comment