Sign in to follow this  
Chris Day

New project?

I want to work on a new project in the evening but i am struggling to find ideas, can anyone recomend a project to work on? I would prefer to work on a JavaScript/Node.js project but i can easily work with HTML, CSS or PHP

I'd say find something you have an interest in. I play Marvel Contest of Champions, built a guide and team builder tool because first I would use it and second I got to work out a few bits I'd not done before. The site makes pocket change in ads but hey, was fun building it and still use it today :)

taskmaster.png

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:58 AM, D4Y0 said:

I want to work on a new project in the evening but i am struggling to find ideas, can anyone recomend a project to work on? I would prefer to work on a JavaScript/Node.js project but i can easily work with HTML, CSS or PHP

If you are going to be passionate about the project, as BrowserBugs says, do something which interests you. That's the main way to authentically have the right energy to keep at it. If it is something which interests you or could serve someone like you, chances are that it will interest or serve others too. Your vibe attracts your tribe.

On 09/02/2018 at 12:12 PM, BrowserBugs said:

I'd say find something you have an interest in. I play Marvel Contest of Champions, built a guide and team builder tool because first I would use it and second I got to work out a few bits I'd not done before. The site makes pocket change in ads but hey, was fun building it and still use it today :)

taskmaster.png

That is a very similar idea to what I have had in the past, I play a lot of overwatch so was thinking you put your current team characters in, it then pulls your OW stats and chooses the best-fit hero for your team, could go one step further and enter what team the enemy has and then decide the best hero to play.

But in the end, I have decided to re-brand myself and have more of a push on freelance work this year, I've always wanted to be my own boss and want to venture outside energy management applications :p

2 hours ago, D4Y0 said:

That is a very similar idea to what I have had in the past, I play a lot of overwatch so was thinking you put your current team characters in, it then pulls your OW stats and chooses the best-fit hero for your team, could go one step further and enter what team the enemy has and then decide the best hero to play.

But in the end, I have decided to re-brand myself and have more of a push on freelance work this year, I've always wanted to be my own boss and want to venture outside energy management applications :p

I'm freelance mate, this project is just something I 'potter' with when I get time. I'm an avid Heroes of the Storm player, projects like this can often grow into something bigger, for example sites like Icy Veins generate huge traffic as they are actually useful, never know where a sweet idea can come from :)

Edited by BrowserBugs