Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

http to https redirect

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have been given this code by 123 reg to redirect to https but it doesn't seem to be working.

 

myRewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^apache-redirect-http-to-https\.html$ https://www.urbanjump.co.uk/apache-redirect-http-to-https.html [R=301,L]

 

I have placed this code in my .htaccess file.

 

Any ideas on how to get

 

urbanjump.co.uk and www.urbanjump.co.uk to redirect to https://www.urbanjump.co.uk?

  • Author

Thank you Nock. I've tried adding it, but got this message, so I have had to remove it:

 

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

 

This was everything in my .htaccss page:

# BEGIN GZIP
<ifmodule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/text text/html text/plain text/xml text/css application/x-javascript application/javascript
</ifmodule>
# END GZIP


RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.urbanjump.co.uk/$1 [R,L]

 

Any ideas?

 

(By the way, Urban Jump is my brothers place, so I hope you have a good time)

Edited by neil0wen

The port method for some hosts doesn't work, not 100% sure why, it might be worth trying ...

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.urbanjump.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

Also added 301 as i'm not sure what's set by default.

  • Author

Still not working.

 

When I check it on my mobile and click on more details it says:

 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

 

I don't understand as that is the only code in the .htaccess file.

 

Maybe it's worth going back to 123 reg support. Thanks for your advice anyway :)

Edited by neil0wen

I had similar issues with another host where the client was on some cloud host voodoo, dug back through their htaccess and I seen I used X-Forwarded-Proto, something I hadn't used before.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-Forwarded-Proto} !https [NC]

Outside of that I'm at a loss.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.