Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need a lightweight responsive image slider, any recommendations?

Featured Replies

I'm looking for a lightweight image slider to add to a site. It just needs to be basic and doesn't need any flashy effects like some i've seen.

 

I've actually noticed this one - http://responsiveslides.com/ but it hasn't been updated in a few years. So i'm looking for some suggestions really.

Edited by analogmonkey

I'm looking for a lightweight image slider to add to a site. It just needs to be basic and doesn't need any flashy effects like some i've seen.

 

I've actually noticed this one - http://responsiveslides.com/ but it hasn't been updated in a few years. So i'm looking for some suggestions really.

Hi, analogmonkey

 

I read your query and did some survey and I came across few options that I am mentioning below in my post, (but I would like to add that I am not a tech savvy):

 

1) Unslider (2.6KB) - Unslider is a lightweight jQuery slider plugin that just slides content without fancy effect and unnecessary markup. It's fluid, flexible and minimal. It is responsive, works cross-browsers and also support keyboard navigation.
2) Slider (5KB): jQuery lightSlider is a lightweight responsive Content slider with carousel thumbnails navigation (5KB minified). Its fully responsive, supports touch devices, supports all major browsers and also have keyboard support.
3) jQuery Slider² (5KB) - A small and lightweight jQuery-plugin to create simple inline slideshow.
Basically, all of these are plugins. If you are working on a wordpress site, then they will be a real good help to you. Besides, you must give it a try to all of these options. If you still don't find them soothing, then you must take help from an experienced and reputed website designer or web design service to sort your problem.

Edited by Ben

http://wd.dizaina.net/en/scripts/peppermint/ 7.7k does not require jQuery, I can vouch that it's well written and responds to touch gestures.

 

Not sure why I keep seeing WordPress mentioned with sliders. WordPress is a CMS it doesn't matter what slider you use as a slider is part of the UI and has nothing to do with the backend CMS.

Edited by rbrtsmith

Not sure why I keep seeing WordPress mentioned with sliders. WordPress is a CMS it doesn't matter what slider you use as a slider is part of the UI and has nothing to do with the backend CMS.

 

Because WordPress is all powerful!!! :rofl:

To be fair we've built some decent stuff on WP, but as a backend solution it is not ideal for anything remotely complex. We made http://www.lakritsroten.se/ on WordPress - at the clients request but it would have been much better to build using an alternative. But it is still possible to build good stuff on it, even if it is a ba*l ache

Edited by rbrtsmith

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.