May 20, 201313 yr Hi everyone, I've been working in graphic design for about 10 years and somehow have managed to keep my feet firmly on the print side of things. I now want become a freelancer, so it's time to drag myself into the 21st century and get to know more about digital design!! Im hoping that some of you might be able to point me in the right direction with where to start...! Many thanks! Natalie.
May 20, 201313 yr Welcome to the forum, Natalie What kind of print background are you from? There are a lot of resources out there. This very forum will help you along the way - it depends on your current abilities on what direction you need to take.
May 21, 201313 yr Hi Natalie. Welcome to the forum. I guess the biggest difference between print and web design is that in web design you always have to be aware that you have no control over the dimensions and size of the media. Keeping that in mind will make the transition to "digital design" easier.
May 21, 201313 yr Welcome ... web is simple, just think tiny file print with a constantly changing canvas and your audience looking at it through various windows that distort your layout in places
May 21, 201313 yr Hi Natalie, Welcome to WDF Although I am more into Web Site Development, I found that if your experienced with Adobe Photoshop moving to Illustrator to work in vectors & Fireworks & In Design will be a breeze. Good look & again welcome.
Create an account or sign in to comment