Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General question about classes

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

 

I heard that you can save lots of time by using classes in some circumstances. Do you guys use classes? Those who do, can it save time and if so is it only for very complex projects or for many different kinds of projects ?

It really depends on the project though in most cases there are classes that can help you save time sure. Most likely when you've read about classes helping save time it will be with an MVC not just using classes

It really depends on the project though in most cases there are classes that can help you save time sure. Most likely when you've read about classes helping save time it will be with an MVC not just using classes

 

Whats wrong with the old fasion way of procedural programming :( personally i use a mix of both

  • Author
Most likely when you've read about classes helping save time it will be with an MVC not just using classes

 

Could you explain / elaborate a bit please ?

Could you explain / elaborate a bit please ?

 

MVC is a way of separating your php code from your html code which in the long run saves a lot of time due to the fact your sites more easy to manage

  • Author

@webdesigner93 : So you say that when we make websites the usual way (not using MVC) then classes don't really save time. Are you sure about that? I mean what made me ask here is this tutorial http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/09/05/getting-started-with-the-paypal-api/ whose code I could compare with that one http://codebabble.com/web-development/integrate-paypal. The former uses classes and the latter functions. I find the one using class shorter and more clear, so at least in this example classes seem more appropriate. I guess there may be more examples like this. But I admit that could not necessarily indicate anything general.

 

@Renaissance-Design: I did just that and also a "mvc web design" search, which still left me unsatisfied.

@webdesigner93 : So you say that when we make websites the usual way (not using MVC) then classes don't really save time. Are you sure about that? I mean what made me ask here is this tutorial http://coding.smashi...the-paypal-api/ whose code I could compare with that one http://codebabble.co...ntegrate-paypal. The former uses classes and the latter functions. I find the one using class shorter and more clear, so at least in this example classes seem more appropriate. I guess there may be more examples like this. But I admit that could not necessarily indicate anything general.

 

@Renaissance-Design: I did just that and also a "mvc web design" search, which still left me unsatisfied.

 

Did i say that? lol theres many ways that save time MVC being one of them

Edited by webdesigner93

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.