October 9, 201213 yr Hi All, I have just taken a paragraph of our home page and did a Google Search, We are position 2, I checked our competitors website and they have copied our text and even left our company name in. With us been position 2 are been penalized for this I would of thought we would have been position 1, can we report this to Google? Thanks
October 9, 201213 yr Are they position 1? I don't think you get penalised in the way you might imagine, if Google finds 2 sets of the same content, it simply chooses one as the original, both don't get marked down.
October 9, 201213 yr Author Are they position 1? Yeah they are position 1 for the second paragraph of our home page even though they have left our company name in, all together our company name is on their page 3 times. Does adding Google Author rich text snippets help prevent this, I am sure I read some where it does, i will take a look t see if this is an option. Thanks
October 9, 201213 yr http://webdesign.about.com/od/html5tags/qt/rel-author-authorship.htm Definitely put it on there. I don't think it'll make much difference now the content is in their hands but it'll good for future work. To add on to what Lewwy has said, they'll usually favour the website which has higher authority. It wouldn't, however, be preventing you from being in first position. There isn't as much importance in content as people think there actually is. Google only says have great and unique content for user experience. SEO's say have great and unique content so that people link to you. Content isn't like getting backlinks where you're given more weight because you're content is "great" Have you emailed the company?
October 9, 201213 yr I'd be interested in knowing the website, I might even be able to run a backlink analysis to see if there are any obvious reasons they are beating you.
October 9, 201213 yr Author I'd be interested in knowing the website, I might even be able to run a backlink analysis to see if there are any obvious reasons they are beating you. PM Sent
October 9, 201213 yr Author Have you emailed the company? No Not Yet I Thought I Would Research it first but getting mixed views from people saying it needs to be copyrighted or any one can take it Thank you both
October 9, 201213 yr Author If it is of any use to you from Googleing around i found that you can report duplicate content to Google and you can also use an adon to Google Chrome to make it easier https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-webspam-report-by-/efinmbicabejjhjafeidhfbojhnfiepj
October 9, 201213 yr Can you PM me the search term they are beating you for? You say the second paragraph, but I can't find it on your website. Domain level analysis with http://opensiteexplorer.com tell us that ELITE's website is superior on all metrics except 'Linking C Blocks' (45 / 46), which means that it looks to Google like the links are coming from the same group of sites. You are only down by one though. The other metrics are all pretty close, especially the Page Authority (45 / 42) and the MozTrust (5.72 / 5.42). As I say, I'd love to know the term that is giving you trouble. The stats say you should be beating him generally, you blow him out of the water with both internal and external links..
November 9, 201213 yr Search engine optimization is changing horrible After adapting Google Panda and Penguin. So that If you will do spamming (Duplicate Contant) then you will never get ranking in your website. The duplicate contant refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content.
November 10, 201213 yr Hi Jeson Dexter, Have you any exprerience with webiste hijacking ? one of the leading seo blog dejanseo doing case study on this Google feature and make your view here. dejanseo.com.au/hijacked/ This is huge case study and i can't express it here. Hope you all guyes go there and make your review at here after R&D In short Google gives priority to authity website not smaller website
November 11, 201213 yr Author WTF, why not yet? For the company I work for, I've had content stolen 4 times this year alone. Each time I've immediately called up the offending company and kicked their ass - saying take down the content immediately. It's your content that has been stolen, end of. Because i was getting advice first. with the advice from Lewwy and Jason i decided to do some more research and came across Googles spam tool you can add to Google Chrome i reported them and they replied Thank you for submitting a spam report for this site: http://www.***********.com/*******.html We take the quality of our results very seriously. We investigate spam reports, prioritizing by search result impact, and take appropriate action when we uncover abuse. In especially egregious cases, we will remove spammy websites from our index so they don't show up in search results at all. We appreciate your taking the time to help us improve our service for your fellow users around the world. By helping us eliminate spam, you're saving millions of people time, effort and energy. A few days later our competitor started to drop of page 1, much better than calling them up and kicking their ass? I asked this question a month ago its all sorted now
November 27, 201213 yr I found the same case earlier as well. This happens because the website who copied content will be in ranking 1 because that domain has a fresh content whereas the same content in your website is older for Google. Google always give priority to the fresh content website to rank on top results. But i don't think this is happening currently as well after Google Latest panda update. They should have penalised the website who has a content copied from other website. You can try mailing to Google reporting about the issue. They will surely come back with the solution.
January 7, 201313 yr Duplicate content is content that appears on the Internet in more than one place.google panda has banned so many websites having duplicate content.So try to make your website content more unique as per search engine rules.
February 12, 201313 yr When writing SEO content, you should first perform some keyword analysis to determine what keywords or other relevant keyword You want to used must be follow keyword density,SEO content is to first make sure it is unique and that it hasn’t been copied from another source. You definitely want to avoid any duplicate content issues..I think Duplicate content on multiple domainsis the major problem in seo.
February 13, 201313 yr 1. Send them an email telling them you own the copyright to the content by default and if they don't remove it you'll be filing a DMCA complaint with Google to have their page removed from the index. 2. If they don't comply, send Google a DMCA complaint and they'll remove the page from the index. Simple as that!
March 5, 201313 yr hi..Duplicate Content has banned by google panda. If you are not following the google webmaster guidelines,it puts your websites on spamindexing. Can you suggest the solution for duplicate content issues ?
May 18, 201313 yr If it is of any use to you from Googleing around i found that you can report duplicate content to Google and you can also use an adon to Google Chrome to make it easier Thanks for the heads up on this extension very handy! In my experience just give the company a call and drop them an email asking them to remove the copied content and show them to copyscape... Has always worked!
Create an account or sign in to comment