Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New site rankings have slipped...

Featured Replies

My site has been live for about a month now and got listed in Google within a few days, it was doing as i expected it would. It was ranking first for my name and on about page 11 for the highly competitive keyword "web design Cardiff". Just over a week ago it disappeared for "web design Cardiff" and has slipped down to 5th for my name (behind my facebook pages and yell listings, i'll add I have a very unusual name and nothing else really ranks for it)

 

 

I feel like the site is being punished for something. It's been a long time since I last did any web design work (3 years) so i’m a little rusty on everything. So i'm not sure if this is just how new sites behave now or if there is something else going on.

 

Webmasters tools says there's no issue and I haven't done anything that should upset google, so really i'm just checking if this is normal behaviour for a new site?

 

Any ideas? Should I just leave it? It's not important that I rank at the moment so i'm not too concerned but will be if it stays like this

 

thanks!

Did you do any off-site SEO work on it?

 

To be honest, this is pretty normal. Google ranks new stuff pretty highly and then over a period of a month or two, it finds it's level and then settles in at a position.

 

I see it happen all the time and, as frustrating as it is, it's nothing you've done wrong. You just have to carry on promoting your website and keep building up the domain authority

  • Author

Not done any off site SEO yet, I want to add more content before I try and promote things properly.

 

I thought that might be the case, new site, needs time to settle. I just wanted another opinion so thank you!

Like J said,

 

New sites have boost, then put where they should be.

 

So I wouldn't say you have slipped, more you have had a boost and now back.

 

You might find in a month or so, you start to climb naturally without doing any work. It does seem time plays a part.

Like J said,

 

New sites have boost, then put where they should be.

 

So I wouldn't say you have slipped, more you have had a boost and now back.

 

You might find in a month or so, you start to climb naturally without doing any work. It does seem time plays a part.

 

Yes, I have heard of this too!

  • Author

Thanks everyone.

 

Just thought it was a bit odd but will keep an eye on things

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.