September 3, 201214 yr I need help ASAP, google is indexing pages that I dont want it to index, how can I remove the pages from google, and can i just put "noindex" and "nofollow" in the meta tags, as there will be more pages coming up that will also be indexed that I dont want to. Thanks in advance
September 3, 201214 yr Yeah pretty much. You could also use your robots.txt file as well to deny crawler access to these pages
September 3, 201214 yr You can also request URL removals through Google's webmaster tools, which can help remove them a little quicker than waiting for bots to crawl the site and remove them that way... still add them to your robot.txt file though
September 9, 201214 yr You could use this robots.txt file to disallow few of the pages to be crawled by the search engine. User-agent: * Disallow: /design.html Disallow: /fonts.html now this command allows the spider to crawl all your site except the pages of design and font.
September 9, 201214 yr I find that you'll get a better response if you actually use a proper thread title. Rather than "Please help ASAP" try "Hiding pages from SERPs" or similar.
Create an account or sign in to comment