Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Traouble moving Wordpress website from one Domain/Hosting to another?

Featured Replies

Hi

 

I have created a new Wordpress website to replace an old static site. I've used another Domain and hosting account to build the site so that we could continue with the old one until the new one finished.

 

Anyway I have copied over the files and database to the correct Domain and hosting account. The home page loads fine, but as soon as you click a link you are taken to the correct page but on the test website, so the wrong URL.

 

Not sure where I need to change the URL information within the WordPress setup?

 

Any advise or help would be massively appreciated.

 

Regards

 

Ash

Edited by Acknowledged74

The correct procedure is as follows...

 

Backup current development database

Go in to development dashboard, go to settings and change URL's to production URL's

Backup this database again

Import this database to production server

Download all development files and upload to production server

 

This should now have the production install running.

Have you changed instances of the old URL in the database?

 

If you login to phpmyadmin and open wp_options you should be able to change instances of the old URL to the new URL.

Have you changed instances of the old URL in the database?

 

If you login to phpmyadmin and open wp_options you should be able to change instances of the old URL to the new URL.

 

 

Not a great idea really.

 

Have a look at this tool http://erisds.co.uk/wordpress/migrate-announcement it's by a former mod of this forum.

Seems like a good little script.

 

Have to say I've never had an issue doing it manually.

 

You've been lucky. Many plugins etc encode the URL meaning a search and replace wouldn't catch them.

The tool above does :)

You've been lucky. Many plugins etc encode the URL meaning a search and replace wouldn't catch them.

The tool above does :)

 

I've got a little site I'm building at the moment so going to try the script out. To be honest I don't tend to use many plugins perhaps that is why I've never had any issues doing it manually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.