Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Looking for a critique of Portfolio Website

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I am looking for a critique of my website here. Any suggestions or feedback of any sort would be appreciated. Alot of work has gone into it but there is still quite a good bit of tidying up to be done, so just keep that in mind,(Its also not mobile friendly yet).

 

 

Thanks!

Edited by bbcreat

Hi,

 

I am looking for a critique of my website here. Any suggestions or feedback of any sort would be appreciated. Alot of work has gone into it but there is still quite a good bit of tidying up to be done, so just keep that in mind,(Its also not mobile friendly yet).

 

 

Thanks!

 

I think it's really amazing...

But I already saw a similar one, almost equal: http://www.ibloo.co.uk/web/

Your site is fantastic, I can't see anything I'd change.

 

I especially like the textures and font faces you used.

  • Author

Thanks for the feedback. @Rglove, yes its similar in style its a popular style at the moment I think. any other views would be greatly appreciated, I am sure there is someone ready to tear it apart :)

Well the 'find out more' span lip seems to move on browser resize, but other content doesn't move.

 

And when you resize the background disappears.

Trying giving your main_bg wrapper div a min-width the same as your main_container, you'll probably have to change some other stuff too if you want to avoid that quirk.

  • Author

Hi andys, yeah thats one of things I have to do, its not in a container and neither are the headings so they're going to move when you resize. I'm not sure about the background disappearing though it doesn't happen for me but thanks I will look into it anyway.

The header is too big. Make it smaller or don't set it to fixed. It's quite annoying that I can only use 2/3 of my screen. Other than that, amazing website! Love the design :)

Hi andys, yeah thats one of things I have to do, its not in a container and neither are the headings so they're going to move when you resize. I'm not sure about the background disappearing though it doesn't happen for me but thanks I will look into it anyway.

 

 

Resize then scroll to the right.

  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this style of design - what I wanted to do with my own, but I found it too difficult to make mobile friendly :angry3:

 

very nice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.