Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My New Design Studio Web Site

Featured Replies

Hi everybody,

 

I have been browsing these forums for some time now but have only recently registered as a member.

 

I am currently in the stages of setting up an I.T services company which will offer many different services to home and business users. Services range from PC and Laptop repairs, network installations and maintainence and also my favourite line of work: Web Design and Development.

 

I have almost completed my web design site and would love some ohnest feedback. The site in question has been re - developed by myself over the last 3 months. I wanted to provide a simplistic aproach whilst also being both informative and accessible. I have some of my existing clients listed in the portfollio but am planning to create a new css based portfolio which just takes up one page.

 

Well, enough of my waffle, here is the link: Subliminal

 

Thanks in advance people!

Hi Subliminal,

 

Welcome to the forum :)

 

Your website is clean and nicely laid out but it fails to validate even though you have the validation banners on the right. My first recommendation is to get the website fully validated, especially if you plan to use the "100% valid" buttons.

  • Author
Hi Subliminal,

 

Welcome to the forum :)

 

Your website is clean and nicely laid out but it fails to validate even though you have the validation banners on the right. My first recommendation is to get the website fully validated, especially if you plan to use the "100% valid" buttons.

 

 

Ahhh, thats that bloody link to the free index directory ive just added! Will have to mod it!

 

Done! An ampersand and xhtml strict issue within the link!

Hi everybody,

 

I have been browsing these forums for some time now but have only recently registered as a member.

 

I am currently in the stages of setting up an I.T services company which will offer many different services to home and business users. Services range from PC and Laptop repairs, network installations and maintainence and also my favourite line of work: Web Design and Development.

 

I have almost completed my web design site and would love some ohnest feedback. The site in question has been re - developed by myself over the last 3 months. I wanted to provide a simplistic aproach whilst also being both informative and accessible. I have some of my existing clients listed in the portfollio but am planning to create a new css based portfolio which just takes up one page.

 

Well, enough of my waffle, here is the link: Subliminal

 

Thanks in advance people!

 

I'm fairly new to all of this myself. However, I think your site looks excellent.

 

However, it doesn't actually validate, even though you have the validation markup on your page.

It's showing 4 errors

 

Otherwise i think it looks great.

  • Author

Would anybody else care to give their opinions?

 

I would be most gratefull!

Hi Subliminal

 

I think the site's almost there, straying into design here, but I find the colours a little overpowering in the background but too weak for the headlines - the body text looks a little out of place. But overall I like the layout and concept.

 

Sorry for not having the time at the moment to go through all that copy - but a once-over makes me think it could do with some personality and verve, there are some minor errors and a few cluttered/clunky sentences too.

 

Don't know if it's because it's in development but the "Read more about our web design services" link doesn't work.

 

I will try to find time to look at the copy - making a living keeps getting in the way of my free time!

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.