Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Subliminal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Subliminal

  1. Its still under development, so not all of the clients and work are listed yet! However, Im thinking of changing it to something a little different! Maybe a sort of hover over/pop up css gallery style table? Still thinking about it! Thanks for your comments mate
  2. Thanks for pointing that one out mate, it does it on the mac too! Though maybe I will add some margin to the top as I think it looks quite cool! Probably will try and get it looking the same in firefox, ie and opera now!
  3. Yes I agree Dizi! I am still working on it and the intention is to blend it in! Thanks!
  4. Hi All, After bashing my head against every wall in the office in a state of despair and feeling disgusted that I find it so dificult to decide what design is best for me, I think I have finally found peace within myself with my latest plan! Please could you take a look at this latest design and give me some feedback (hopefully positve) Here's the link: Subliminal Thanks in advance guys!
  5. Thanks Mate, all sorted now!
  6. Hey Wizley, What do you think of the copy at the moment? Have tried to break it down whilst at the same time keeping some target content for keyword purposes. Also tried to add a little more personality to it.
  7. Yes I am working on the content at the moment but it takes some time! Trouble is that as you will probably be aware, for good search results: Content Is King! I do realise it needs to be broken down a bit so at the moment I am pulling out all of my hair trying to break it down and create an impact! Thanks for your comments!
  8. Thanks for pointing that out mate. I really need to invest in some blinds in this office! Its a sunny room but now its gone dark, I too can see the border! Will get to work on that tommorow! Cheers
  9. Thanks Dizi, I ahve added a minimum width for the content of 280px, which is just over the size of the flash movie. Trouble is that when it reaches that point when shrinking the screen, the content dissapears down the bottom of the screen! It seems to be ok in firefox and safari, just bloody IE as per usual! Any Ideas? Would be most gratefull!
  10. Hi Everybody, I have finally decided on my design layout for my commercial web design site. I have gone for a dark appearance with some gradient glow effects. Take a look here: Subliminal Web Design Obviously here I am only pointing out the graphical side of the design and shal be continuing to improve the content and general bits and pieces! P.S: "Wizely", I do realise that there are some issues with the "copy" I am working on it so please do not keep remiding me on every post that I make! All respect due to you of course for your expertise! Thanks Peeps
  11. Thanks for all the input guys. I am seriously considering scraping the whole concept at the moment and starting a fresh with something a bit cleaner and more simple looking. This design has been a bit of a battle for me with a conflict of ideas. The trouble is, I'm never happy with the way it looks, no matter what I do! Maybe its because I just want perfection? Nothing I do seems good enough for me. When I design for clients, it is different because they tell me what they like and what they dont like, but to do it for myself is a different story! Im gonna take a big deep breath and think about what I am going to do!
  12. Hi Everybody, I have just updated the background on my site. The old one looked like this: Here's the new one: Subliminal Please, if you have the time, could you give me some feedback? Many Thanks Dave
  13. Hi, All as said above but also I would reccomend getting listed with your local chamber of commerce for your area. Most local chambers of commerce have a website and your details will be included in their member directory. Usually you can join for the surrounding areas too! Oops, just noticed that your in america! Im not sure if its the same as here in the U.K! Sorry!
  14. Would anybody else care to give their opinions? I would be most gratefull!
  15. Hi Everybody, As you all know, I am new here so I will take some time to introduce myself. I am Dave from eastbourne UK. I am currently in the process of starting up my new company which will provide I.T services to the home and businesses. I specialise in PC and Laptop repair, upgrades, custom build systems, Network installations and maintainence, virus and spyware removal, data recovery, backup and transfers, and most importantly to me, a website and graphic design service. My aim is to provide an all round service to both the home user and business user. I have got clients to my name from my time as a freelancer but now feel the desire to spread my wings and go with what I do best. I have also working alongside me, my lovelly wife Michelle who deals with the administrative side of things like keeping the tax man happy etc! I look forward to meeting likeminded web designers, graphic designers, flash developers, PHP coders, Javascript coders etc etc.... during my stay on this excellent resource! All the best Dave
  16. All sorted! see my edit to last reply!
  17. Ahhh, thats that bloody link to the free index directory ive just added! Will have to mod it! Done! An ampersand and xhtml strict issue within the link!
  18. Hi everybody, I have been browsing these forums for some time now but have only recently registered as a member. I am currently in the stages of setting up an I.T services company which will offer many different services to home and business users. Services range from PC and Laptop repairs, network installations and maintainence and also my favourite line of work: Web Design and Development. I have almost completed my web design site and would love some ohnest feedback. The site in question has been re - developed by myself over the last 3 months. I wanted to provide a simplistic aproach whilst also being both informative and accessible. I have some of my existing clients listed in the portfollio but am planning to create a new css based portfolio which just takes up one page. Well, enough of my waffle, here is the link: Subliminal Thanks in advance people!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.