Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bye Bye for now....

Featured Replies

Hey All

 

Many apologies for not being around much of late, but I've been overly stressed/knackerd/angry/fed-up/exhausted etc due to the sale of our lovely flat...but got it done at long last and despite the fact we were supposed to move last week and were all ready to go and then got shafted at the last minute because the people buying our flat hadn't got their finances sorted...we're all set to go this Thursday [fingers crossed / touch wood] and so it's mahem here at the moment.

 

Signing off for now...I will soon be disconnected from the internet and it's going to take ages to get re-connected once I'm in my new place....looking at the end of May! Yikes!

 

Not sure I can survive without WDF or the internet for that long...and there aren't any internet cafe where I'm going!

 

Don't forget about me! :blink:

 

I'll be back soon...and determined to get back up to the top of the posting list! :p

 

See Ya

 

E

Nice to know you're still on the map Eskymo - we'll miss you till you get your internet connection up and running. Good luck with the move.

Hope the withdrawal isn't too serious :p

Thats happened to me before with the other party not sorting out their stuff in time... See you soon :)

  • Author

any tips of how to cope without the internet?

any tips of how to cope without the internet?

 

Good luck with the move.

 

You'll find you enjoy not having the internet after a day or two.

 

:flm7:

Forget tips on how to cope, why is it taking so long to sort out? If you move house you should be able to get your ISP to sort it out pretty speedily! 10 days max, 5 with any luck?

 

Anyway, I hope it all goes smoothly! As for how to cope, get all of the unpacking done? Watch telly? Explore your new area and get to know the neighbours?

Hey Eskymo, glad to hear you've finally got the flat sorted!

 

Use the next month to do offline things: decorate the new house, neaten up the garden (if you have one), organise your computer, write up some blog posts/site content, start a new project on a local development server. Some of those should keep you busy for at least a couple of hours! ^_^

 

Enjoy your time off, it will be a good thing. I'm looking forward to your return :D

Good luck with the big move, Eskymo! :drinks:

  • Author

The reason it's going to take so long to get back online is becuase we're switching ISPs and also telephone providers - and they say it can take upto 14 days for the phone line to get sorted/connected etc - but that is an anonymous guy in an indian call centre telling us that and he wouldn't deviate from his script - so it might not take that long, but as everything that could possibly go wrong so far has gone wrong...we're preparing for the worst possible outcome and if it happens quicker, then it'll be a nice suprise.

:cray: hope you get it sorted quickly as we will miss you.

 

 

I hope the move goes smoothly, and just think instead of just unpacking the pc you can amuse yourself by unpacking everything :p

  • Author

I think May is going to be a busy month and I won't miss the internet as I've got a patio to lay and a greenhouse to erect and got to get a veggie patch established, or else we're not going to have food for the summer/winter. I've got a couple of projects booked for the last two weeks in May - hopefully I'll be online by then.

Sounds like fun tbh. I'd swap the internet for a week or 2 of outdoor work, especially in the weather we're having in Surrey right now.

What is outdoors? :p

 

When I moved into my current home, it was my first house so I had to have it all setup initially too. I made a special trip to the house a week or so in advance to sort out the phone line, which needed reactivating or something and as soon as that was sorted I got on to the ISP lol. I think we only had to manage a week without internet. I can't remember how I survived but I think it was by preoccupying myself with building flat-packed furniture and exploring the town.

 

*shudders*

 

I wish to the best of luck, hope everything goes as smoothly as possible from now on.

3 days in you are going to get the shakes... if it gets really bad you'll start imitating the good ole modem noises, and maybe even resort to browsing the internet in GTA4 ;)

 

See you in a few weeks :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.