Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on a website mockup.

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

Currently working on a website for a client. This is the first mockup and the client is happy with the result. However, I'm curious from a designers perspective to find out if there's anything that looks out of place/should be changed. NOTE: the specials section is going to be changed and content will be implemented later.

 

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/Joel1st/homemockup.png

 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I quite like it. The things I would change would be the font in the navigation - I think a more standard font would look better. Also try and make sure the elements line up perfectly in a grid - e.g. the right side of the contact button should align with the picture thumbnails for ultimate perfection!

  • Author

I quite like it. The things I would change would be the font in the navigation - I think a more standard font would look better. Also try and make sure the elements line up perfectly in a grid - e.g. the right side of the contact button should align with the picture thumbnails for ultimate perfection!

 

Thanks, I guess changing the font will make it easier for coding as well. And yeah I agree, the images on the right aren't quite aligned perfectly.

 

Just a question, what do you think the left large image should align with? Because I tried aligning it to the edge of the logo's star, but it didn't look quite right, so I ended up just putting it in line with the middle of the large star. Does it look in line to you or should I play around with it some more?

 

Thanks,

 

Joel.

Pretty good to be fair.

 

A few things;

  1. Pink section headers don't seem to fit as the pink kind of looks out of place. Maybe try a lighter blue, or an off white?
  2. Alignment issue on the thumbnails. By that I mean they sit out further to the right than the top links and the bottom third section header

It looks good. I think you should give some indication of prices on the home page. Maybe Hair Clips starting from £x or something. The shop page link needs to be made clearer also. Nice design though.

Its nice, but that page is screaming for an enticingly rich call to action...maybe a nice button overlaying the main big picture or something.

 

Nice and simple though, good job.

 

edit:

 

I also think white text, in those boxes, rather than pink.

 

:)

Edited by jamesosix

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.