Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Martin-design [picture]

Featured Replies

Thought that my personal homepage has became old and ugly. Far from web 2.0. So I decided to design a new one.

Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.webocom.org/martin/ Not much to find there though.

 

Here's the new:

xhop-H1209661293xhop-4819f76d6298c.jpg

Thought that my personal homepage has became old and ugly. Far from web 2.0. So I decided to design a new one.

Here's the link if you're interested. http://www.webocom.org/martin/ Not much to find there though.

 

Here's the new:

xhop-H1209661293xhop-4819f76d6298c.jpg

 

 

You won't like this but..and I'm sure I will be laughed at from certain quarters (you know who you are ;-))

 

I liked the old site !!!

 

New ones good (very good as a blog type page in fact) but not as unique or individual, more template 2.0 as you say - better for a blog true but as a website design I'm not certain it's better. Well it is currently, but with more work the first design may be the best.

 

Could you try expanding on the old design and trying to get more from it? It's got a lot of potential, the red strip, gray strip and typogrpahy have a something going for them.

 

- central content area much bigger

 

- lose red bg on links

 

- play around with the red stripe

 

- move gray stripe over to work in 1024*768, currently it's set for 800*600 right?

 

and lots more...

 

:flm7:

Your new site is very nicely presented, but I have to side with Mr Headcoat on this. The new design would suit a blog very well, but the old one has much more character and interest, and with some tweaking I really think you could make something of it. Don't let it go just yet!

Your new site is very nicely presented, but I have to side with Mr Headcoat on this.

 

Me too. New one looks like any generic bloggy thing. You could change the title to read "My Anti-War Blog" or "Kitten Corner" or anything and it wouldn't look out of place. The old one had way more character and individuality.

  • Author

Thank you for the feedback! Answers I didn't expect about my old web page. Thing is, I think i don't have a .psd file anymore... That site might be nearly 1 to 1.5 years old..

Thank you for the feedback! Answers I didn't expect about my old web page. Thing is, I think i don't have a .psd file anymore... That site might be nearly 1 to 1.5 years old..

 

That's a shame. Why not try to blend the two - take some of the ideas from version 1 and implement in version 2?

 

(Blimey people agreed with me...thank you...thanbk you...;-))

 

:flm7:

  • Author
That's a shame. Why not try to blend the two - take some of the ideas from version 1 and implement in version 2?

 

(Blimey people agreed with me...thank you...thanbk you...;-))

 

:flm7:

 

That sounds like a plan! Thanks for the good advice!

  • 1 month later...
That's a shame. Why not try to blend the two - take some of the ideas from version 1 and implement in version 2?

 

(Blimey people agreed with me...thank you...thanbk you...;-))

 

:flm7:

 

That's a good idea mate! I liked the first one better myself. The second is too template/wordpress like. But that's me 8)

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.