Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Title tag not showing

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

 

I'm using the platinum SEO plugin on wordpress but the text that I filled in for my title:

"Life Insurance Quotes - Life Insurance Is Cheaper Than You Think" Isn't showing up when I view source

so subsequently it's not showing in Google either.

 

I also simply tried adding <title>Life Insurance Quotes - Life Insurance Is Cheaper Than You Think</title> to the start of my page but that didn't work either.

 

Any advice why this might be?

 

Sam

 

P.S.

 

I am using WP Super Cache if that affects anything?

 

P.P.S.

 

You can visit the troublesome page here - Life insurance quotes

Hi Sam,

 

I use "Greg’s High Performance SEO" on my Wordpress blog. It works great with Google!

 

Search for it and see if it makes any difference.

 

Good Luck!

 

Matt

  • Author

I have and I can't find any difference which would effect it.

 

~@Matt since I've the same plugin running on two sites (with the same theme) and on one the site title appears the plugin can't be the problem.

 

Anymore advice? Is there anything I could add into the template which would "call" for the plugin title to appear?

 

Sam

  • Author

Guys,

 

I worked it out :D :D !

 

I added the following to my header, deleted all the extra seo plugins which did the same thing (keeping only all in one seo).

 

The line I added - <

title><?php bloginfo('name'); wp_title(); ?></title>

 

Sam

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.