September 28, 201115 yr We have been running our online divorce website since 2000 and the design has not changed much since then. We sell uncontested divorce services but also have a lot of free information and content. We would be grateful if you could have a look at the site with the eye of someone who wants to get a divorce and they are in agreement with their spouse. Divorce-Online.co.UK Many thanks
September 28, 201115 yr Recommended by Tesco Is that because they get more shoppers when families split up? Edited September 28, 201115 yr by oakleaves
September 28, 201115 yr are you looking for a review of the design? or just "with the eye of someone who wants to get a divorce and they are in agreement with their spouse." ?
September 28, 201115 yr Author Hi both really, is the design ok? We are in the process of a redesign but I think the site is too cluttered and has too much information which does not relate to our services. if you were looking for a divorce would the presentation of the site and the information on it make you want to know more or send you on your way elsewhere?
September 28, 201115 yr Author Recommended by Tesco Is that because they get more shoppers when families split up? probably they get two lots of shoppers. it was in Tesco magazine this month and they recommended people use us which was pretty nice of them.
September 28, 201115 yr I just think the whole subject of divorce needs to be handled with a bit more deftness. The as seen on tv, recommended by tesco, and smiling phone operator would be more suited to a bargain basement ecommerce store. Lose those and change the live chat icon to something much more subtle and I would say the site would be fine. The other thing - DIY Divorce Completion / DIY services. Is there any way these phrases could be altered to lose the DIY? These terms also seem inappropriate for such a delicate subject. I'm trying to put myself in the position of somebody who was currently looking for your services and who was contemplating divorce. Edited September 28, 201115 yr by oakleaves
September 28, 201115 yr Author I just think the whole subject of divorce needs to be handled with a bit more deftness. The as seen on tv, recommended by tesco, and smiling phone operator would be more suited to a bargain basement ecommerce store. Lose those and change the live chat icon to something much more subtle and I would say they site would be fine. The other thing - DIY Divorce Completion / DIY services. Is there any way these phrases could be altered to lose the DIY? These terms also seem inappropriate for such a delicate subject. I'm trying to put myself in the position of somebody who was currently looking for your services and who was contemplating divorce. Thanks for the suggestions. we used to just call the service the gold service. We do get a lot of traffic from diy divorce as a keyword so we would need to keep it in the landing page but yes perhaps we could just call it the gold service again.
September 28, 201115 yr Sorry for the relatively harsh words, I hope it does help though. SEO Getting people to the site is only half of the battle. Conversions are just as important, if not more so. I think it is a good idea to have the phrase there still like you said, but perhaps not in the bold obvious heading at the top. Edited September 28, 201115 yr by oakleaves
September 28, 201115 yr Do you own both divorceonline.co.uk and divorce-online.co.uk ? I am wondering why you didn't do a simple 301 redirect rather than having 2 identical websites. Google may punish you for duplicate content and that will affect your SEO.
September 28, 201115 yr I can visit both http://www.divorce-online.co.uk/ http://www.divorceonline.co.uk/ without any redirect That means you have 2 identical live websites, unless I am mistaken? Edited September 28, 201115 yr by oakleaves
September 28, 201115 yr are you looking for a review of the design? or just "with the eye of someone who wants to get a divorce and they are in agreement with their spouse." ? ^^ I put all my effort, skill, and knowledge into my answers, and Zed get's a +1 for this! Conspiracy I tells ya!! I think the smiley happy face has some kind of hypnotic affect. Edit - just kidding Edited September 28, 201115 yr by oakleaves
September 28, 201115 yr Author IT guy says we just have one with a redirect from divorceonline.co.uk to divorce-online.co.uk
September 28, 201115 yr IT guy says we just have one with a redirect from divorceonline.co.uk to divorce-online.co.uk Ok
September 28, 201115 yr http://www.divorceonline.co.uk/ is using frames as well, which I don't understand? Unless your "IT" guy is using a frame to present the website, and thus thinks it's a re-direct? Terribly naive approach to SEO and duplicate content issues. Another issue I see is that there is no redirect from divorceonline.co.uk to www.divorceonline.co.uk which won't help SE either Oakleaves is correct in that the website would benefit greatly from a 301-redirect, and I would mention that to your IT guy if I were you. I think there's still a bit of work that needs to be done, as it looks like a fairly dated website. The middle and right hand column seem a mess of information and it's difficult to understand what you're trying to do. the only thing that stands out are the 'buy now' icons. Sure it's great if any website is recommended by Tesco, but it feels that because it's in such a prime position, that it just doesn't sit right right the site. By all means, be proud that you provide such a great service, but it's a delicate issue and when people use the website, they might feel a little put off by it. Also, I'm not sure about the client counter either. Again, it's nice to be able to show people that you've provided a great service to over 67,000 couples since 1999 but I just think it doesn't sit right on the homepage. I don't think the cold colours help either. It just add's doom and gloom to what is already a horrible process for anyone to go through There's a good website that, handled with care, could be a great tool for you. Do you get many people converting through your website? Edited September 28, 201115 yr by Jason Dexter
September 28, 201115 yr Author http://www.divorceonline.co.uk/ is using frames as well, which I don't understand? Unless your "IT" guy is using a frame to present the website, and thus thinks it's a re-direct? Terribly naive approach to SEO and duplicate content issues. Another issue I see is that there is no redirect from divorceonline.co.uk to www.divorceonline.co.uk which won't help SE either Oakleaves is correct in that the website would benefit greatly from a 301-redirect, and I would mention that to your IT guy if I were you. I think there's still a bit of work that needs to be done, as it looks like a fairly dated website. The middle and right hand column seem a mess of information and it's difficult to understand what you're trying to do. the only thing that stands out are the 'buy now' icons. Sure it's great if any website is recommended by Tesco, but it feels that because it's in such a prime position, that it just doesn't sit right right the site. By all means, be proud that you provide such a great service, but it's a delicate issue and when people use the website, they might feel a little put off by it. Also, I'm not sure about the client counter either. Again, it's nice to be able to show people that you've provided a great service to over 67,000 couples since 1999 but I just think it doesn't sit right on the homepage. I don't think the cold colours help either. It just add's doom and gloom to what is already a horrible process for anyone to go through There's a good website that, handled with care, could be a great tool for you. Do you get many people converting through your website? I will get the IT guy to look at this as I think that the domain divorceonline.co.uk is parked and we use a redirect from the hosting company. Thank you for your comments about the design and frames much appreciated. Our conversion rate has dropped from 1.25 to .50 since the iframes started being used. We have a new developer who is sorting that out.
September 28, 201115 yr And I assume that the main source of traffic is from search engines which has also dropped in line the conversions? Don't mention it, I like to help haha. It's just sometimes you need another set of eyes to look at a website. It's all good having a website, but you'll be amazed at the increase in conversions if your website is designed right and designed to the subject matter as opposed to being a generically designed website. All the best with it, I was going to pass on my details if you needed any work dong haha
September 28, 201115 yr Author And I assume that the main source of traffic is from search engines which has also dropped in line the conversions? Don't mention it, I like to help haha. It's just sometimes you need another set of eyes to look at a website. It's all good having a website, but you'll be amazed at the increase in conversions if your website is designed right and designed to the subject matter as opposed to being a generically designed website. All the best with it, I was going to pass on my details if you needed any work dong haha Jason I will keep you in mind, many thanks
September 29, 201115 yr I felt your site is abit slow. Something is loading behind at first load.. I tested your site using latest chrome.
Create an account or sign in to comment