Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My new portfolio site

Featured Replies

Ok, really struggling with my new portfolio site.

 

Is it appealing? Is it obvious what I do? Does it look professional and not "cheap"?

 

Markup seem ok?

 

Questions questions lol

 

It is password protected as site isnt live yet

 

User: greenweb

Pass: vincent4

 

http://www.thegreenwebsitecompany.com/

 

ALL comments and feedback welcomed

Edited by theboss

Only problem I can really see is the 4 sections across the top, the:

 

"custom website design"

"affordable reliable web"

 

etc are perhaps a shade too light (stroke weight, rather than colour). A stroke like the subheading in your slider would work.

  • Author

Only problem I can really see is the 4 sections across the top, the:

 

"custom website design"

"affordable reliable web"

 

etc are perhaps a shade too light (stroke weight, rather than colour). A stroke like the subheading in your slider would work.

 

Just amended the web design section at top, that a bit better?

It looks quite nice.. the only question i have is why is it the green website company? theres nothing that says that you use less CO2 to build a website or anything like that :p

  • Author

It looks quite nice.. the only question i have is why is it the green website company? theres nothing that says that you use less CO2 to build a website or anything like that :p

 

Maybe I just like green :give_rose:

 

In all serious I am worried that it doesn't look professional enough

Edited by theboss

It looks quite nice.. the only question i have is why is it the green website company? theres nothing that says that you use less CO2 to build a website or anything like that :p

 

lol, same here. I was expecting something along those lines too... Just the connotation of "green" these days, I guess... might be an idea to become a "green" green website design company though :p

 

I like it though, mate. Some of the images could do with being of higher quality, especially those that appear on the home page, ie; http://www.thegreenwebsitecompany.com/assets/images/banners/flash-headers/image4.jpg

 

 

Kyle

  • Author

lol, same here. I was expecting something along those lines too... Just the connotation of "green" these days, I guess... might be an idea to become a "green" green website design company though :p

 

I like it though, mate. Some of the images could do with being of higher quality, especially those that appear on the home page, ie; http://www.thegreenwebsitecompany.com/assets/images/banners/flash-headers/image4.jpg

 

 

Kyle

 

lol I'll keep that in mind.

 

In all honesty I am looking at possibly removing the main images from the top of the pages anyways as I just don't like the look of them.

 

Thanks for your comments

  • Author

Much more readable now.

 

thanks

 

On a side note, I have two different domains, the above and roothost.co. Was reserving roothost for the hosting and domain side of things but after the above comments I have been thinking about the long term issues with the name "the green website company" and that I don't want to mislead people in to thinking we are an "eco" company to the point where we physically cut our carbon footprint etc.

 

Comments please

Good job.

 

There are a small issues with content block alignments and with visual hierarchy of margins and paddings - page grid errors.

 

I'd advise you to get rid pseudo-handwritten font everywhere, especially on the logo. You could draw needed inscription manually, say, on the paper, then scan and trace it.

 

Apart of that, good design.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.