Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

natholas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by natholas

  1. I have built the site and imported my old posts. http://www.nathanfelix.com/v2portfolio/threed-animation/ have a look and let me know what you think
  2. Hey people. I am a web designer and 3D animator and I am trying to create a new portfolio for myself because I am no longer happy with my current one. Here is my current portfolio This is what I have designed so far as a replacement Let me know what you think. Thanks
  3. sorry for the late response.. i want critique on the design of the 3d animation page and how its layed out.. thanks
  4. Hello everyone, I have recently Added some extra content to a part of my website and I would like some critique on it, Thank you. It used to be that when you click on 3D animation it would show my portfolio but there was some more stuff that I wanted to put on there and this is what I came up with. http://nathanfelix.com/3d-animation Thank you in advanced
  5. oh oops :/ I thought that I checked that.. Ill fix it now, thanks Ok it should be fixed now
  6. I am calling it done Feel free to comment still but I wont change anything anymore (unless you have a very good point)
  7. The blue on the calender is a little too.. blue Its not really an ugly site though, I quite like it. I also agree with what lev said
  8. Nice website.. the main thing i would change is the groups of locations near the bottom, they are a bit ugly..
  9. Usability wise it is very good, maybe two things I would say are: maybe make the borders around the products change a little on hover and I would change the hover state on the menu items as well.. right now they are a little boring (that has nothing to do with the usability though) Nice site and good idea to give 10% discount to WDF Forum members
  10. Ok have a look at this page nathanfelix.com/web-design
  11. Thanks guys, I am going to call the design finished. I am going to try to redesign the web design page, I am really not happy with how it looks now. Ill be back with an update later today.
  12. Ok I have implemented the changes on my website. only took an hour or so. Everytrhing looking good? any changes i should think about? http://nathanfelix.com Thanks guys
  13. @Harrison Have you checked out the redesign that I did? I am working on changing the colours so please specify if you are commenting on the current website or the redesign. Thank you
  14. I think im done with changing things around. I am probably going to start re slicing and exporting the images and recreating the sprite image for the menu whenever I can find some time (probably on the weekend) Thank you everyone that commented and gave me great feedback! Ill be back here when the changes are applied. Peace out.
  15. @notbanksy I want to find a better typeface to use in the header/menu but honestly that one of those things that I suck at ill have another look around (and I will fix the things you said about the header) What about Century Gothic? I've always kinda liked that typeface..
  16. I call them "fake 3d fold thingies" in my head.. im sure that helped allot.. lol
  17. I use Fireworks for Designing the site, then I normally just use one of the most empty wordpress themes (sandbox is a good one) and build it up from there (hand coding html/php and I use stylizer for creating and editing css (it also lets you open your design in any version of ie, ff and chrome) When it is just a simple website (non cms) I just use notepad or text-edit for the html Hope it helps
  18. wow.. this site took a while to load on the internet i am on here I quite like it though
  19. Ok another small update.. got rid of those lines in the background, lined up the boxes at the bottom with the nav and lowered the pt on the menu items to 15 I have an idea.. might just be pointless bandwidth wasted but what do you think of having a shadow looking thing in the background to make it look like its standing up? Here is a link to what I mean. Let me know what you think
  20. @jay all makes good sense thanks. @epicwebs ye I have done a few animations but they are not very good thats the problem I defiantly will as soon as I get better at animations though..
  21. Ok I have been working on the redesign a little bit.. let me know what you think @Jsson Dexter thanks ye I have been doing 3D for about two years now.. as u can tell I didnt start web design until much later I will think some more about the typography.. (i have dafonts bookmarked)
  22. Thanks ye i really should
  23. thanks for the post mike. I will try making the background more subtle. Any input on the colours in general? I am hoping to do this "recolouring" or whatever the right term is this weekend.. and i would hate to do it and then see people posting good critique on monday

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.