Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you take your own pics?

Featured Replies

When it comes to photos, I usually go to a stock photography site and search down the photos that look like what I want. In all the websites I've designed, I have a hard time using the photos that I've taken as my camera is not the greatest. My question for you is...

 

do you use your own photos or ones from a photography site like Stock Exchange?

 

I would like to invest in a good digital camera, but is it really worth it if I'm not going to even use the photos I take?

I use my own pictures, since I am so picky and can't never get the pics I want , how I want them elsewhere. As per the camera, I have a $150 camera that does wonders, so price is not the issue, just learning how to use your equipment. B)

Taking my own pics would be difficult; I don't think I have the skill or the camera quality!

I use my own pictures. I believe in building quality websites and I am against any form of plagiarism. :) I don't consider using stock photos plagiarism as long as you have the rights to use them, but I'd rather create/ display something unique.

I also use my own digitial camera. I too am very picky about my finished product. I certaintley think that your own camera is the way to go. You will end up paying for it in a year. I did. Echos

Hi

 

Sometimes it's easier to use a better quality image some else has taken. I tend to use stock images and have found some good sites to get them from. Here's a few

 

 

istockphoto

 

Stock Exchange (freeish)

 

Dreamstime

 

Fotolia

 

I do take my own photos as well and use a Fujifilm S5500.

 

Good luck

 

Nic B)B)B)B)B)

Taking my own pics would be difficult; I don't think I have the skill or the camera quality!

You can take some amazing pictures without much trouble with a 3MP cam. My $150 camera is a 6MP HP camera! Camera quality is an issue of the past really

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.