Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Home page critique

Featured Replies

Hello. I do graphic design as a hobby and am still in the process of learning (a long bloody process it is) lol.

I had an idea for a layout for a home page and am wondering what you think. Please don't hold back. Thanks.

post-24283-095665900 1291447899_thumb.jpg

it's interesting but how are you going to put in content and make further pages from that design?

  • Author

Thank you for your comments. I am still learning how to do web design so I might be wrong, but I was thinking about linking individual web pages to transparent rectangles with the corresponding text. For the hover/click effect, I will add a highlight. Each page will have to be different...I haven't tried it yet (I put the project on a backburner for now)so I am not sure if it will work...

I also like the design it looks unique but I don’t think that it would be a good idea to make each page of different design it may irritate people’s eyes or it could be fine if the pages are similar. That’s my personal opinion.

  • Author

@andrew

Yes, you might be right, the idea was to make all the webpages revolve around an Autumn theme. I know it will be a lot of work, but part of the plan is to show-case my work...I am just an amateur doing this as a hobby - I am just learning how to use illustrator, then I'll move onto photoshop, ...etc. Still a lot to learn...

I like the trees background and the crow and perhaps the leafs on the floor, however I do not like/understand the other elements like the menu background or the logo that in my personal opinion it's very jagged, I think a it will look nicer without any distortion at all. You may want to think also about screen resolutions and which software/programming technique you are going to deal with to bring this project to live, since depending on it you may have to make the proper adjustment to your design.

 

cheers,

 

wolfitoXtreme

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.