Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 20 Second Delay when editing a site

Featured Replies

Hey ppl, after having to change an FTP password on around 25 sites in dreamweaver this started to make me a little crazy!

 

As the topic says, when I go Manage Sites > Edit i get a 20 second delay where Dreamweaver basically freezes before I can edit settings.

 

I've just tried this 3 times in a row, and each time it's always 20 seconds, quite a coincidence.

 

I was just curious if you guys have come across this, it occured on Dreamweaver CS2 and now still on CS3 on both of my pcs and laptop.

 

All my pcs are dual core intel chips, running XP.

 

Cheers

Hello m8.

 

I find DW to be temperamental re FTP so I bought cuteFTP. This may not be the news you wanted but ive never had a prob with cuteFTP and its only £30.

 

Saying that, someone else may be able to help you sort DW. But then something else will go wrong with its FTP capabilities lol

  • Author

I use Cute for any major FTP work and Dreamweaver's site manager for the file manager on the right and quick FTP.

 

It's not temperamental, it's consistant that I have to wait 20 seconds to edit a site!

It's not temperamental, it's consistant that I have to wait 20 seconds to edit a site!

 

B) B)

tut, since this thread started I cant get my DW file transfer thingy to work at all.

 

 

In the site menu from 'get' to 'locate in site' is all greyed out. Tucker, I blame you, your a jinx -_-

  • Author

post-2738-1203592402_thumb.png

 

This is what i'm talking about. When i click that button I have to wait 20 seconds (DW kinda locks up) before I can edit the site settings.

 

On both my PCs i'm using a local fast hard disk, plenty of memory, one is quad core, the other dual core.

 

I've since reformatted my laptop and it's not doing it on there any more, even though I don't actually use that for work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.