October 6, 201016 yr What is the best practice for website backgrounds? I know it depends on what effect you want to acheive, but do you normally use a bg colour, vertically tiled images (if so how high/wide is the original image), x and y tiled image (what size), or a full background image (if so what dimensions?). I have tried a few with a 960 background image in a centered 960 'main' div tag, and then set up a tiled 'outer' background that fills the remainder of the container. Thanks
October 14, 201015 yr Might be giving you the overly simplistic answer here. If you're tiling an image then you really just need to set 100% width and height on the containing element. That way it'll scale with the browser.
December 11, 201015 yr Hi, I'm making a website and I need some cool backgrounds instead of just boring solid colors. Anyone have a link to a place where I can copy and paste backgrounds? Thanks if you do!! ____________________ facebook layouts| Download Layouts
December 12, 201015 yr It depends on the background texture/photo and the area they will cover, you can have textures from 2px X 2px to what ever dimensions, and positioning you want, however I will recommend not to put a tiled texture to small in a larger area like a full screen since the browser will need to use larger amount of computer resources to fill it, therefore the overall rendering speed of your website will decrease. cheers, wolfitoXtreme
December 13, 201015 yr Sometimes you need to use a large image. but problem occurs on different resolutions. but there is also a solution available on many website where you can stretch the background image. this way you wont need to make a very large image, and on all resolutions full background image can be viewed.
Create an account or sign in to comment