Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coda and HTML5

Featured Replies

Hi Guys

 

I have created a very simple html5 file in Coda but it isn't recognising it as HTML ! I am not getting the HTML hints !!

 

How can I fix this issue ?

 

Thanks

I'm sure coda allows html5, although I've stopped using it now, I have used the html5 doctype for a while now. Are you missing a tag somewhere? What version are you running?

Don't think it supports html5 tags, but from the initial question I was under the impression that it was overall html hinting.

  • Author

Yep I've checked, I am not missing any tags.

 

it is not even providing hinting for regular html tags, never mind the html5 specific ones :(

 

I'm using version 1.6.12

 

Could this have something to do with my file extensions ? I am using .htm not .html !!

Yep I've checked, I am not missing any tags.

 

it is not even providing hinting for regular html tags, never mind the html5 specific ones :(

 

I'm using version 1.6.12

 

Could this have something to do with my file extensions ? I am using .htm not .html !!

 

You should always use .html anyway because .htm is depreciated to my knowledge

  • Author

I usually do, but stupid university servers demand that we use .htm and we must call our mian file ( default.htm ) not ( index.html )

 

Can one create templates within coda ??

  • 3 weeks later...

CODA definitely supports HTML5 as long as you have the most up to date version.

  • Author

By the way, does anyone know if Coda is going to add that Dreamweaver CS5 feature the one where it dynamically grabs all the includes in php ?

 

That would be awesome

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.