Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marconi Media, what do you think?

Featured Replies

Good job and I love it. I have only one little remark: I think it would be better either to leave the photo of girl as is (if the source image is enough good) or to improve image quality for more photorealistic (sharpness, textures) or glamour look (and feel) - instead of to distort it with standard Photoshop filter like Paint Daubs (or some like that).

 

Anyway, great design.

  • Author

Good job and I love it. I have only one little remark: I think it would be better either to leave the photo of girl as is (if the source image is enough good) or to improve image quality for more photorealistic (sharpness, textures) or glamour look (and feel) - instead of to distort it with standard Photoshop filter like Paint Daubs (or some like that).

 

Anyway, great design.

 

Thanks a lot, Lev:)

 

The effect does look a bit plain, maybe I will switch back. I've had the girl with and without effect. Been planning to add some handdrawings to different pages, we do those too, wonder what the feedback would be. Maybe I will post one here to see what you guys think.

Maybe I will post one here to see what you guys think.

 

Looking forward to see that.

 

Get rid of the image on the right, replace it with jessica alba.

 

...or with Milla Jovovich. Although, I dont mind Jessica.

  • Author

LOL, I liked Jessica Alba when she was fresh meat (lol, just joking), the Biel version would also be wonderful (Jessica Biel)

 

I mentioned those sketches, here is one of them, please keep in mind that it is the hand-made, rough version, gridlines will dissappear, it'll be white and gray shades on black. This is just one of say 4. Another sketch is about a man carving himself out of a stone column. To be sincere, the sketches are my mother's and father's, we are all graphics-related in some way, I do the web design, they draw and paint.

 

What do you think?

post-7218-014575500 1280493514_thumb.jpg

Wow! Really creative family!

 

I love this drawing.

  • Author

Thanks a lot. you know, now I got some helpful, creative feedback. Some people on other forums just say what they don't like, and don't explain:) I will scan the other drawing prolly next week, it's actually on my mother-in-law's wall, I think you will like that one too. Oh, failed to mention, this one might be a handcopy of a drawing from La Divina Comedia, have to ask. My mother does exercise this way sometimes.

I think that "evil eye" and all that darkness might scare off some customers :D

Yeah i agree, its scary and it atracts to much attention from the content it self.

but it look awesome overall.

Nice site, does work quite well.

 

Only thing i say on a different note is your prices are a bit cheap?

 

Your prices look a bit cheap though for a CMS site or e-commerce.

  • Author

Thanks, George.Forbes. I just changed the prices, they were quite off, searching for the decent but not dubious prices:D

I'm going to break up the party... Sorry...

 

It doesn't do it for me. The huge background image dominates the page and draws my eye away from the content. The contrast on your main body text is so poor I can't read it without squinting, and if I scroll so that the 3rd column is on top of the face in the background, I can't read it at all, regardless of squinting.

 

This text

Web design Bristol, Website Design South West UK - Marconi Media UK

is obviously there for SEO purposes but does nothing for the perceived quality of the site. Add to that that it's small and in caps, and it's just another distraction.

 

I don't like the scrolling text content. Not only are moving elements a distraction, but I don't think Hello welcome to our brand new site is worth saying. It just blends in to the background noise that is all the other web design portfolio sites which begin with 'Hello .... <name> .... web design...' etc

 

I'm not going to comment on your copy because I can't actually read it.

 

Not sure what's going on in the footer? Are those clients of yours? If so, say so. And why are there 2 stray links just above your footer? Looks like they've been added as an after-thought because you ran out of room in the main nav.

 

And what's Elements CMS? It seems very strange to give it such a big piece of your home page without saying what it is and why you endorse it...

 

It's not all negative though - your use of the grid is nice. Visually the page has quite a nice feel to it. Sadly it's spoiled somewhat by the points made above.

  • Author

Ouch, well that sounds like I should just ditch the whole site:P Oh well, things are subjective, not all people like the same things. Changed the prices which were pretty dubious, preparing a list of changes from all your feedback.

 

Cheers!

  • Author

Sorry, this drawing will not do, it is even creepier. however I think that it's one of a kind, my dad's work.

post-7218-020186400 1281714009_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.