Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vista pretty much sucks...

Featured Replies

Haven't tried Vista yet. I don't see the need to either.XP does everything that I need.

I tried Vista Home premium in Mar 07, on an Amd sempron 3000+ with 1gb ram, and XP MCE was on again by April.

 

I got so excited before, but it was soooo slow!

 

Anyway, last October, my HDD failed, and I got a great deal on a Dell Inspiron with Vista Ultimate, and AMD 64X2 5000+ and 2gb (now 3gb) ram. Vista is so much better, the media features are just brilliant. Vista Media Center = fantastic.

 

WAYYY better than Sky+

Running Windows Vista Ultimate now on Intel 2 Quad core 2,4 Ghz 3 GB DDR2 and Geforce 8800 GT. Vista defenitly looks very cool i'll admit that. Runs stable for me, only thing that annoys me is the constant aproval question. You gotta click like 4 "Yes, i'm sure" buttons if you wanna delete a folder with some files in it.

You an actually turn that off - which is what I did :)

 

Its called User Account Control - steps to remove are below:

 

1. Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.

2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click on that line.

3. Press the Launch button.

4. A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.

5. Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

You an actually turn that off - which is what I did :)

 

Its called User Account Control - steps to remove are below:

 

Cool, thanks. Will try that when i get home.

XP with Service Pack 3 = Smiles all round!

 

Vista = Pain and sorrow!

 

 

Im obviously just stirring it up here! I will eventually have to upgrade to Vista at some point in order to support DirectX 10 but not until they sort that bugger out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.