Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

About GIMP

Featured Replies

GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is free software that is used for photo retouching and creating images. You can use it to do just about anything. It is very similar to Photoshop, I suppose it is a matter of opinion, but I suggest everyone try it.

 

You can go to their site at www.gimp.org and find out more about it.

  • 1 month later...

YES! I use it exclusively right now, and it ROCKS. I have yet to find anything graphic related that can't be done with it.

  • 5 months later...
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is free software that is used for photo retouching and creating images. You can use it to do just about anything. It is very similar to Photoshop, I suppose it is a matter of opinion, but I suggest everyone try it.

 

You can go to their site at www.gimp.org and find out more about it.

 

 

I can't get it could you get it for me? lol sounds stupied but I keep downloading the wrong versions!

  • 4 months later...

well i like everything that comes free :p and that software sure rocks. it's not too complex, but you could do *magic* with it.

its not the best tool. the three floating windows urks me and they dissaper. i learned on GIMP so i know how much beter it is to switch to photoshop / fireworks

I think there's a mod pack for GIMP to make the background solid, match shortcuts with Photoshop. Came across it when I had a quick look at GIMP. But I didn't investigate it further because I missed PS.

Never got on with GIMP I'm afraid. Just too used to other tools, mainly Photoshop. I do hear great things about it though and I wouldn't totally rule it out.

I think there's a mod pack for GIMP to make the background solid, match shortcuts with Photoshop. Came across it when I had a quick look at GIMP. But I didn't investigate it further because I missed PS.

 

Would be interested in that, I just can't "do" GIMP. :S

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.