February 25, 201016 yr Hi everyone, I'm starting a freelance web design business and looking for a name for it. For now I have "Ansar Design" in mind, but someone told me that "Ansar" sounds indian/pakistani and that people often associates it with low quality. Do you agree with that and would you choose something else ?
February 25, 201016 yr Definitely sounds like an Indian company to me, if I were a customer I'd probably avoid
February 25, 201016 yr It's worth running any potential names through the likes of Google and Wikipedia. They're always useful places to discover any accidental associations you'd rather not have. Check Companies House too, just in case there's anyone else around with something a bit too close. It does sound a bit 'foreign' to me. Then again some dodgy outsourcing companies are just as likely to be called something like 'Megawonderglobalinterweb - International web design, graphic design, SEO, marketing, copyrighting (yes really!), call centre servicings and pet-sitting providings'! You could be really smart-arse about it and go for the 'Ansar to your needs' angle (maybe not - I'll get my coat!)
May 27, 201016 yr Author I listened to you and chose something entirely different. Thanks for the responses and sorry for the uh.. 2 months delay o_O
May 27, 201016 yr indian/pakistani and that people often associates it with low quality. Thank you -.-
Create an account or sign in to comment