Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

adsense

Featured Replies

Hi all

 

Can someone explain adsense to an idiot (me) please?

 

Am I correct in thinking it just displays potential competitor adverts on your site? Why would that be good?

AdSense = Google paying you each time someone clicks on an advert on your website.

 

AdWords = You paying Google each time someone clicks on one of your adverts

 

Re. AdSense, adverts that are displayed are normally related in some way to the content on your website, it might not necessarily display competitor adverts, but then that can't be ruled out completely.

Edited by Sam G

To reiterate Sam:

 

Adsense = You register a free account and agree to post pre-created ads from advertisers on your site. For every click (somebody apart from you) on an ad on your site, your adsense account will update your CTR (Click Thru-Rate) and give you an estimated balance of earnings.

 

Adwords = You pay Google to create and post an ad, through google, down the side bar etc, and for every click that ad recieves, you pay a certain amount. The higher your budget, the more pages you ad will be placed on and the more you will pay in consideration.

 

hope this helps.

 

Regards

How do they know if its you clicking on the advert if you're on a different computer? Is there anything stopping you from getting all your mates to constantly click them? How much per click?

 

Thanks

  • Author

I understand the difference between the two, thanks.

 

What I don't quite understand is under what circumstances would you wish to highlight an alternative site to your own?

I understand the difference between the two, thanks.

 

What I don't quite understand is under what circumstances would you wish to highlight an alternative site to your own?

 

71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

 

Get it? :)

I understand the difference between the two, thanks.

 

What I don't quite understand is under what circumstances would you wish to highlight an alternative site to your own?

 

Thousands of examples, I suggest you check out the Adsense case studies from Google for examples. Think outside your 'web design company' box, which you obviously wouldn't run adsense on.

 

That aside, you can exclude certain advertisers and channels.

 

Andrew Wheeler

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.