December 13, 200916 yr Hi Guys, I have created my first portfolio site, its coded but its not yet been published online. I was wondering whether i could have some professional advice on the design but i would like to have your oppinions on layout of the content as maybe it seems to squashed. There is a screen shot of the coded design attached i would be grateful for any help or advice. Regards, Ben
December 13, 200916 yr The welcome and twitter seems to much togeather, space it out a little... but apart from that a nice design
December 13, 200916 yr Author Thanks for your input. I have got rid of the twitter box and added a little bird in the corner saying follow me which will save space and i have extended the welcome box. Any other views?
December 13, 200916 yr Brief Ideas: Lots of people place their tweets/most recent tweet in the footer Left Align the 'Latest Projects' text Like Shaun said you definitely need some more padding between your elements Good work so far..
December 13, 200916 yr Brief Ideas: Lots of people place their tweets/most recent tweet in the footer Left Align the 'Latest Projects' text Like Shaun said you definitely need some more padding between your elements Good work so far.. Yh i agree
December 13, 200916 yr Author Thanks for your inputs! I have done as suggested but instead of spacing them i decided to take out the twitter feed and in addition adding a follow me on twitter link. Screen shot attached. I would like your opinion on the nav bar, i was thinking of getting rid of the nav bar so its not at the side but at the top in a handwritten font.
December 13, 200916 yr Yh try the navbar in the top right, because it looks a bit empty in that region.
December 13, 200916 yr Author I have restyled the nav bar so its at the not in a different style, what do you think. This isn't coded yet...
December 13, 200916 yr It's starting to really come along now.. Two small adjustments I would make: - I don't think the bullet points are needed to separate the navigation items - I'm not too keen on the curved effect you've put on the insides of the content boxes Just my opinion, some nice work though
December 13, 200916 yr I would try to stay consistent with the headers: 'Welcome' and 'Latest Projects'. Seems like you didn't apply the effect same effect on both. Also, be prepared to use some kind of ie6 png fix! Looking good!
December 14, 200916 yr i like it. but i would reconsider the shade of orange you have for the header's 'welcome' and 'latest projects'. also for the grey content area - i would perhaps bring it a shade or two closer to white. worth a try anyway...
December 14, 200916 yr Hello Beno, Try for a start to do it: Decrease size of logo and move it in line with menu items. Play with kerning in Welcome. Decrease distance between W and e, for instance. Make the same size for paddings 3, 3I, 3II, 3III, 3IIII. Though, you can make 3I smaller and 3IIII bigger than others. Make the same height for Welcome and Last projects headers. BTW, it seems to me that block Last projects should be much bigger than Welcome. Hope this helps.
December 14, 200916 yr Author Hi Guys, Thanks very much for your inputs, i will be updating the design and i will post a picture of the re-design on here. Regards Ben
December 17, 200916 yr Author Hi All, I have updated my site with a little background change, i've got one thats darker and in my opinion looks better. Don't concentrate on the content im working on that it would be appreciated if you commented on the layout. Any ideas for a logo? Thanks, Ben
December 17, 200916 yr You're right, the darker layout looks lots better . Try getting the spacing even between the border and the content boxes. The content does need a lot work on it, but I won't go into it (as requested).
Create an account or sign in to comment